Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

abandon_(1).gif
    images_(2).jpg
    images_(1).jpg
    imagesa.jpg
    P4150054.JPG
    popcorn_eat_good.gif
    popcorn.gif
    P4080026.JPG
    P4080025.JPG
    P4080008.JPG
    P4080039.JPG
    P4080023.JPG
    P4080034.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#57 11 years ago

Is it possible that the touchups did not look "that" bad before the clear? Could the clear have spread the paint used for the touchups? Vid has mentioned that some paints change color under clear.

Not trying to defend poor work. He still should not have sent you the playfield in this condition. Maybe the clear could be sanded and leveled to some extent and you could salvage it? I feel really bad for you. I know I would be really torn up about it. Getting my money back would not be good enough. I think GAP should replace your playfield. Thats what I would do if I effed up someone's playfield.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

If you get stuck, and can't move past this one, buy another HS with wear, swap PF's, sell that one as is, as a better than the PF that was pulled with issues (someone will be happy with it), and have a new canvass to work with.
    It would be nice in fact if GAP did this part for you, as you shouldn't have to go through that amount of work.

There is a HS for sale in Lincoln NE if that is of any help
    lincoln.craigslist.org link

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

I did take this on as a free project and I did use several different paints which some were not water based and didn't know it would react with the clear. I did refund the money for the clear and more to have it sent off to get fixed. I am committed to making this right. I will talk to a few of the playfield restoration guys and see if they can fix it. Again, this is not the customers fault and I it will be addressed. Our intentions was not ruin the playield. Again I will reach out a couple professionals to have in fixed.

That's how it should be done! Good Job.

#110 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hey...ANYBODY can make a mistake. How he makes it right is the important thing. All humans here. (well. almost all)

I knew it!!!! You're one of your own special effects, aren't you??!!!!

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Sure an anyone can respond to my email about a 9k or asking for emails for pricing he did not have when he said " want pricing now". Guy is a time waster and do not defend to me, I would not give him a dime.

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"Again" meaning you did that before sending the playfield back to the customer the first time?

Good question. The answer will be telling.

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Thanks you Mike for making this right. I understand people make mistakes and projects don't always go as planed. A simple phone call stating things went wrong and the solution would have saved a lot of headache. Its not wether or not you make a mistake its how you handle it that counts.
    Mods: This thread is going to go down hill from here so if you could close it I would appreciate it. I will post pics of my corrected or replaced PF in another thread. Im sure everyone will want to see the final results.
    Thanks everyone.

Good luck to you! Hope this headache ends soon. Cant wait to see your restored High Speed complete!

Any chance you documented the cabinet restore process?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-touchup-and-clear-by-gap-fail?tu=pafasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.