Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

abandon_(1).gif
    images_(2).jpg
    images_(1).jpg
    imagesa.jpg
    P4150054.JPG
    popcorn_eat_good.gif
    popcorn.gif
    P4080026.JPG
    P4080025.JPG
    P4080008.JPG
    P4080039.JPG
    P4080023.JPG
    P4080034.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#34 11 years ago

Talk to ron kruzman if you want it done right. The key to this type of work is it's expensive. If you don't spend a lot of money you'll get crap work. To fix all of the areas that are bad on your playfield I would expect to pay 1200, maybe more. This type of work cannot be done cheaply.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Dosen't matter...he agreed to do it for free. Doesn't mean you should do a crappy job...

This just proves my point. What should you expect for free? GAP should not have done this obviously they have no expertise in this field. But honestly, if you expect it to look even close to nos for free you're kidding yourself. Pay little, get poor work. To get good work its very labor intensive and therefore costs money.

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Can any of you honestly say if GAP made the same offer to you you would have turned it down.

I would not accept an offer like that for the exact reason of what you ended up with. I'm not trying to beat you up on this just consider it lesson learned. Now, you can sand the clear and do the proper touchups and fix the playfield. It won't be cheap though. That's all I'm trying to say. I've seen so many playfields butchered by bad, cheap, touchups that I just want to make sure everyone knows good touchup services are expensive and worth it. Of course like you mentioned earlier I wouldn't pay 1200 in touchups for a 1200 dollar game. But that's another subject.

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You are seriously this clueless? Or did you not bother to read anything about why the touch ups were free? The "get what you paid for" excuse doesn't fly here.

Not clueless at all. You're missing the point. By accepting the free offer his playfield is most likely in worse shape than it was before. It would be one thing if he could have received the playfield back in its original condition but the failure on the touchups resulted in it probably being worse than it was before.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chessiv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-touchup-and-clear-by-gap-fail?tu=chessiv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.