6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

abandon_(1).gif
    images_(2).jpg
    images_(1).jpg
    imagesa.jpg
    P4150054.JPG
    popcorn_eat_good.gif
    popcorn.gif
    P4080026.JPG
    P4080025.JPG
    P4080008.JPG
    P4080039.JPG
    P4080023.JPG
    P4080034.JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago

Yah. After 10 months and sending it out like that to begin with. Sorry if I'm not in on the GAP love fest. Now, how much longer is it going to be?

#102 6 years ago

I think we should all let them work it out before making any more Stir The Pot comments.

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

This just proves my point. What should you expect for free? GAP should not have done this obviously they have no expertise in this field. But honestly, if you expect it to look even close to nos for free you're kidding yourself. Pay little, get poor work. To get good work its very labor intensive and therefore costs money.

You are seriously this clueless? Or did you not bother to read anything about why the touch ups were free? The "get what you paid for" excuse doesn't fly here.

#104 6 years ago

Good for GAP.. But it's 10 months later and looks like only got some traction when this thread started.

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

No you cant but the better thing to do would have been to tell the pin fam that he fu--ed up before sending it back and trying to charge him $350 I mean $250 . This says a lot about GAP and his business. I am a small businessman and I know that sometimes things dont go as planed but I know that my customers are usually a lot more forgiving when I am upfront about the fact that I made a mistake and I want to take care of it. If you screw up and hope they dont notice or care it will always hurt you and your business through loss of repeate customers and word of mouth. Just my 2cs

I couldn't agree more. While I'm happy to learn that GAP plans to take care of this, the right thing to do would have been to approach the customer with the problem and work out a solution before shipping and/or before it became a public relations nightmare. IMO, GAP's response feels forced due to the high number of of members on Pinside that agree with the_pin_family and the 'quality' of work presented. I hope I'm wrong about that, but it just feels like getting caught as opposed to doing the right thing for one's customers. Good luck to all involved.

#106 6 years ago

Proof will be in the follow-through.
    We have one side of the story and GAP has responded appropriately here, same day as the thread started. Let's see how long it takes to get this resolved..that's GAP's chance to make it right.

#107 6 years ago

GAP so happy I did not buy a pin from you. Thanks for not returning emails and fishing for emails on pinside. Now this crap I stand my statement , your a horrible seller. Hope sterns takes your distribution way and gives your games to someone who is more together.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Proof will be in the follow-through.

Yes!!

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

GAP so happy I did not buy a pin from you.

Hey...ANYBODY can make a mistake. How he makes it right is the important thing. All humans here. (well. almost all)

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hey...ANYBODY can make a mistake. How he makes it right is the important thing. All humans here. (well. almost all)

I knew it!!!! You're one of your own special effects, aren't you??!!!!

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Sure an anyone can respond to my email about a 9k or asking for emails for pricing he did not have when he said " want pricing now". Guy is a time waster and do not defend to me, I would not give him a dime.

#112 6 years ago

Let's hope that GAP continues to be as helpful in private as his post on a public forum. The OPs description suggests it hasn't been over the previous 10 months. It always leaves a bitter taste when you have to really call someone out and threaten their reputation to get what should've been offered originally.

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

No you cant but the better thing to do would have been to

GAP said he'd make it right- All I was saying was this was the best reply (given the current situation)....

Assuming he didn't have a time machine, he couldn't change whats transpired prior- and we only have one side of THAT particular story.

Next step is followup from the OP after GAP follows through.... everything else is noise...

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Sure an anyone can respond to my email about a 9k or asking for emails for pricing he did not have when he said " want pricing now". Guy is a time waster and do not defend to me, I would not give him a dime.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You are seriously this clueless? Or did you not bother to read anything about why the touch ups were free? The "get what you paid for" excuse doesn't fly here.

Not clueless at all. You're missing the point. By accepting the free offer his playfield is most likely in worse shape than it was before. It would be one thing if he could have received the playfield back in its original condition but the failure on the touchups resulted in it probably being worse than it was before.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Again I will reach out a couple professionals to have in fixed.

"Again" meaning you did that before sending the playfield back to the customer the first time?

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"Again" meaning you did that before sending the playfield back to the customer the first time?

Good question. The answer will be telling.

#118 6 years ago

everything is fixable. no playfield is trashed unless it's snapped in half. That can be fixed and redone. It would take a lot to repaint those areas and time consuming, but it can be done.

#119 6 years ago

Thanks you Mike for making this right. I understand people make mistakes and projects don't always go as planed. A simple phone call stating things went wrong and the solution would have saved a lot of headache. Its not wether or not you make a mistake its how you handle it that counts.

Mods: This thread is going to go down hill from here so if you could close it I would appreciate it. I will post pics of my corrected or replaced PF in another thread. Im sure everyone will want to see the final results.

Thanks everyone.

#120 6 years ago

I hope that GAP is able to arrange someone competent to redo the playfield. I look forward to seeing pictures of the end result.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Thanks you Mike for making this right. I understand people make mistakes and projects don't always go as planed. A simple phone call stating things went wrong and the solution would have saved a lot of headache. Its not wether or not you make a mistake its how you handle it that counts.
    Mods: This thread is going to go down hill from here so if you could close it I would appreciate it. I will post pics of my corrected or replaced PF in another thread. Im sure everyone will want to see the final results.
    Thanks everyone.

Good luck to you! Hope this headache ends soon. Cant wait to see your restored High Speed complete!

Any chance you documented the cabinet restore process?

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Not clueless at all. You're missing the point. By accepting the free offer his playfield is most likely in worse shape than it was before. It would be one thing if he could have received the playfield back in its original condition but the failure on the touchups resulted in it probably being worse than it was before.

No you are missing the point.

GAP wanted to advertise his touch-up work in exchange for the work being done for free. This was to PROMOTE his business, that's what GAP accepted instead of money. Free is irrelevant here.

Your logic suggests that he should have known better. That makes you clueless as I originally said. GAP has a pretty good reputation around here so for the OP to agree to the terms makes sense. OP didn't get what was agreed upon. Whether money exchanged hands or not is irrelevant.

#123 6 years ago

I commend Mike for stepping up, though as a pinball collector and distributor, how could you even let this out your door without looking into the steps you are now pursing?

I remember the original thread and was quite excited to see the outcome. The word artist should be used very loosely here, I think many of us here could do similar touch up work given the chance. The "you get what you paid for" line is BS too, the_pin_family has time and effort invested in this venture too, and I would feel just as disappointed as he. What a let down.

I hope it works out for you in the end.

#124 6 years ago

Once CPR repros are out, the market will be FLOODED by used playfields. Be patient.

#125 6 years ago

Wow i feel for you buddy, that work is terrible. I have mad skills compared to this work and i dont claim to be a professional. I do all my work free hand also. You'll probably see some of my work when i post pictures of my EATPM all finished. I hope things work out for you.

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Mods: This thread is going to go down hill from here so if you could close it I would appreciate it.

The sooner the better...

#127 6 years ago

repairing a tarnished reputation is a stake, op please get back to us with final outcome , will define future transactions with gap

#128 6 years ago

...and with that....

abandon_(1).gif

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

Good for GAP.. But it's 10 months later and looks like only got some traction when this thread started.

+1

Good luck

#130 6 years ago

The mistake that was made is that I used some enamels and didn't know they would react to the clear. I can see that its bleeding and not sure if its continuing to bleed. I'm not hear to give excuses. Again, In a private PM last week I did apologize to the op it was not My intention to mess his playfield up. I did Refund his payment for the clear and extra to have it shipped off to be redone. Plan to work this out with the op. The thing is its can be fixed.

#131 6 years ago

Just make sure you have his new address......

#132 6 years ago

Now the OP wants this deleted. I think this should have been communicated In a private message to begin with. GAP says he will take care of the OP. Maybe should have not made the post unless you were told he wouldn't fix it. It seems it should be a private matter to me anyway. Get it worked out guys

#133 6 years ago

Even if this was fixed in private I am glad you posted it, so many things ring wrong for GAP on this. I was looking to go to GAP because they were local. This thread sealed for me what I had already had reservations about. I'm glad I heard of this now.

#134 6 years ago

Closing this thread at the OP's request.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    £ 75.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 12.50
    $ 208.95
    $ 35.00
    $ 9.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 26.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    € 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Dystopian Mods Italia
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside