Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by merfeldma
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Looking to send out my ToM as it has some lower PF insert and lettering issues. So, who is good, doesn't cost more than a repo PF, can touch up and clear the PF and doesn't have a year+ back log?

Any recommendations or PMs from folks here who do it would be much awesome!

#2 10 years ago

I don't know his work load, but I would recommend vid1900.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

I don't know his work load, but I would recommend vid1900.

Cool, thanks. Ill shoot him a PM

#4 10 years ago

Ron Kruzman is close to the cost of a repro PF and is also known to do good work.

#5 10 years ago

Yep, Ron Kruzman is the man...

#6 10 years ago

I contacted Ron and he doesn't do PF touchup anymore. Just for reference. Vid has a year + back up, dang!

#7 10 years ago

Just to be clear, I am not taking any restorations right now.
    I am still taking nos and new clear work. When I get caught up on my restorations, I will go back to taking work from people who have been good to me thru the 8 years of doing this.
    By the way, it is not very nice to speak for others business. Thank you.

#8 10 years ago

Kruzman is tops. I've got an AFM that he cleared and a TAF board that he graced is on the way in! They look wet all the time!! Gorgeous!

Accept no substitute.

#9 10 years ago

This is how the original post reads to someone who takes pf restoration as an art.
    Wanted someone to restore my ferrarri, who will do it at quick stop oil change price and speed. Then I can sell the machine for 9 grand with your name in the first line of the for sale post.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

What do you mean by this? Reading through the thread, I saw nothing but compliments on your work and people recommending you. Or was this directed at the post by the OP that said you don't do touchup anymore and vid is backed up for a year+? I can understand why you would want to correct that statement.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

This is how the original post reads to someone who takes pf restoration as an art.
    Wanted someone to restore my ferrarri, who will do it at quick stop oil change price and speed. Then I can sell the machine for 9 grand with your name in the first line of the for sale post.

To be fair to the OP, your analogy is clever, but not accurate. I didn't read his post the way you described, but of course I am not a PF Restoration Artist. I read it as someone looking for information so he can make an informed decision on whether to go the restore route or buy a Repro PF. And it sounds like he would prefer to restore but doesn't know for sure what that would cost.

#12 10 years ago

I guess its going to be impossible to have my BK2K playfields restored within the next few years with most artists backed up so far. Sux. Good luck in your search jrivelli.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

Just to be clear, I am not taking any restorations right now.
    I am still taking nos and new clear work. When I get caught up on my restorations, I will go back to taking work from people who have been good to me thru the 8 years of doing this.

huh? You responded to my email and let me know this. People had suggested to use you for restorations so I was just pointing out you don't restore PF's currently. Not sure how that is negative in any way as I literally repeated what you said....

#14 10 years ago

I think what happened is you said he doesn't do them anymore, but this is not the case, he just doesn't do them at the moment until he is caught up. Problem solved. Carry on!!!!

#15 10 years ago

Huh, whatever. It really shouldn't be that difficult. I won't have too much trouble finding someone else to give my money to I suppose.

People get so oddly offended on these forums.

Anyways, any other recommendations would be great! Thanks all!

#16 10 years ago

Try Captain Neo`s site. Check him out, does great work & fast turnaround.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

What? I'm going to pull the "im offended" card now. How does my post read like that at all? I said I wanted my ToM PF restored with these conditions:
    - Doesn't have a massive year backlog
    - Doesn't cost more than a repro PF (common sense says buy repro if cheaper )

So, anyways I'll keep looking. I'm a bit confused why you came on this thread and were a bit negative towards it. I would love to buy PF's from you, but currently you didn't have a ToM you said so of course I couldn't buy it. Not so sure anymore since I'm getting the stink here. Oh well.

Quoted from TK2012:

Try Captain Neo`s site. Check him out, does great work & fast turnaround.

Sweet, thanks man! I now remember I've seen he does those. I'll shoot him a message!

#18 10 years ago

PM sent, I've done two playfields so I'm by no means an expert, but have been complimented on the results so far.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-touch-up-who-to-use and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.