3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by pinstyle
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SickNate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

12mm is actually .472”

This is what I used and all the mechs from pinball life work fine at this thickness

#5 3 years ago

It’s all in how you program the machine and set your tools.
    Most would set up the top surface of the wood as Z zero and program all the paths as negative numbers in Z.
    If done this way you don’t need to worry about how thick the playfield was drawn in CAD when it comes to the inserts because they will be releative to the surface .
    What’s important is when cutting full depth you program it the exact thickness of the playfield so you don’t cut into the waste board.

Some program z zero at the bottom of the playfield. All z values/paths would be positive. (or zero when cutting full depth)
    To me this is wrong for a lot of reasons.
    #1 being more likely to crash the machine. But to each their own.

#7 3 years ago

I would program the inserts .245” depth.
    Leaving .005” to sand.

I would skip fractional and go inches with decimal point.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SickNate.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-thickness-1?tu=SickNate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.