New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 148298)

Playfield swap without "rotisserie"

By mgpasman

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1437_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_2818_(resized).JPG
    betafence-hexanet-eendengaas_(resized).jpg
    frb402_(resized).jpg
    30000_37000_17407_3700017407CF_(resized).png
    foam-party-2i3i_(resized).jpg
    da4d28fb08e215633ae3e8237ecb34b3120b2cb2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    clamped_(resized).jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

I used this to put the playfield on. you can get it cheap. It is a r/c plane stand by Robart.

frb402_(resized).jpg

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from mgpasman:

But how about attached lamp sockets?

They come out bone dry.

No rust unless they were already rusted.

#53 4 years ago

Interesting. It does however conflict with my first idea; holding a metal roster against the harness when everything is still attached, tiewrapping most wires to it, then unscrewing the lot. The harness with all wires still connected to the roster should make reapplying them to the new PF a breeze. I could even leave the coils attached. But then it will not fit into my dishwasher anymore. Unless I make the roster foldable!

#54 4 years ago

Maybe you can try it with some "kippengaas"

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from koen12344:

Maybe you can try it with some "kippengaas"

I was going for a slightly more sturdy material, but this could also work

#56 4 years ago

I probably did about 10 of them on these two chairs before I finally bought a rotisserie. It was actually pretty nice. I would remove all the stuff from the top side and than flip it and remove the hardware and staples from the underside and then slide the fully-assembled wiring harness with all the solenoids and switches attached onto a thick piece of cardboard the same size as the playfield. Then clean everything up and slide it onto the new playfield.

The chairs were on wheels so I could wheel it right up in front of the TV and work on it while watching football or something and then wheel it aside when I decided to stop. Then whenever I felt like it I would wheel it back out again and do some more until it was done.

It wasn't bad but the rotisserie of course is nicer. I do miss being able to wheel it out in front of the TV though so I think I might eventually come up with some type of mobile table on wheels to put the rotisserie on. I like the mobile "workstation" concept.

IMG_2818_(resized).JPG

#57 4 years ago

When I did my TZ playfield swap, I used the "old" glass because I wanted to replace it.
    After everything have been removed from the top, I took it out and flipped it on a table, unscrew everything and I slided between the playfield and the under-playfield parts the glass.

Then, I could take out the glass with everyting in place, put aside the playfield and put the new one on the table. Then I put back the glass, and slided it out. All I had to do is to re-assemble the under-playfield, and going forward.

#58 4 years ago

I rigged up some electrical parts I had floating around with some HF casters. This is not a design I'm proud of but made it easy to move around in my small basement. Same for all four ends. Still lightweight and using black pipe dolly...

image_(resized).jpeg

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

For one hour of your time and $100, the rotisserie will be the best money you ever spent. It will save you 6 hours of dicking with the playfield, let alone if you are trying to track down a short in the GI upon reassembly.

This is so true, that hour you spend making the rotisserie will pay you back 10 fold. I used a pair of portable sawhorses and maybe $30 for the rest.

IMG_1437_(resized).JPG

1 year later
    #60 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is so true, that hour you spend making the rotisserie will pay you back 10 fold. I used a pair of portable sawhorses and maybe $30 for the rest.

I've got those same saw-horses! Any chance you can post your parts list for the rest of what you've built there (and provide a few words on how to operate it, for those that've never used a rotisserie before)? Thanks!

#61 3 years ago

Don't get the long pieces if you already have the sawhorses:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-quick-and-dirty-rotisserie-guide

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 26.50
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 47.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    MicksPinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 750.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 160.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    € 200.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Buthamburg
    € 60.00
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 26.95
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside