5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mmr61184
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I am looking at a NOS that is not dimpled and have never did a swap like this before all of my other playfields were restores. Are there any guides I can read or any advice to make sure I put all the holes in the right spot. I thought of a giant piece of tracing paper but wasn’t sure if that would work. I would have to imagine there are variations in playfields especially when there were different manufacturers so things probably don’t line up perfectly if you use the trace method

#2 5 years ago

Have you seen nerdygrrl's whirlwind thread, she had this same issue with.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-is-coming#post-4174715

Maybe it will help ya

#3 5 years ago

Holy crap this is going to be nerve racking. Thank you that helps but sacred the hell out of me at the same time

#4 5 years ago

I sent one to HEP got him to clearcoat, dimple and drill. Because it was way out of my league.

#5 5 years ago

Kruzman offers drill and simple service on many playfields he has templates for. Might want to contact him.

#6 5 years ago

Yeah I think I will have Ron do it for me.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-swap-whats-the-best-way-if-its-not-dimpled and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.