You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

024 (resized).JPG
IMG_7887 (resized).JPG
IMG_7671 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

I am on the brink of buying new playfields for my MB and CV (Mirco)

Any documentation of the steps for each playfield or playfields in general as far as order of removing and installing parts on the new playfields?

The only install I have no clue about are the jet bumpers, would need more detail on that process.

Relative level of difficulty for these particular playfields?

Anything I should know about the CV and MB playfields?

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Crickets? I'm interested in this project too.

#3 6 years ago

i just took many pics as i can at each time i remove something.
i start to remove all i can on the playfield and so i need to disconnect some connectors (flasher, contacts, etc) underneath the playfield. you can use some stickers to mark each connector, it will be easier when you will built it again.
Then i go underneath the playfield and unscrew all. Jet bumper are removed at the end, you have to desolder the wires and then you unfasten to remove the socket lamp. there is no other way to do.

TAKE PICS AND PICS.

#4 6 years ago

Take pics, pics, pics.....Get some large pieces of Styrofoam to stick and place the playfield pieces, screws, posts in relative locations to each other as you pull them out, makes it easier to remember exactly which piece went where.

#5 6 years ago

First step:

As sad take lots of pictures first from the connectors (close up)
There are 2 strings of cable 1 is for the playfield one is for the cabinet.
If you only swap the playfield follow the cables and only remove those connectors.
Number each connector (left and right on the connector)
VERY IMPORTANT the ribbon cables have red lines they should be put back in the exact same order(red line up or down left or right and so on)

You can first place all the lamp boards and so to new playfield.
The strings of the playfields comes mostly in 3 or 4 strings.
You can start of for example with all that has the coils and what is attached with the coils.
Remove that string clean up and put it on new playfield.
Than the ones with the lamps (General illumination)
Then the switches.

This way it’s easy to do it.

I hope you understand what I mean

Go to YouTube and look up films of playfield swap.

The most important thing is as sad before lots of pictures and common sense.

Here a video to give you an ide

Good luck

#6 6 years ago

Here you find lots of tips

#7 6 years ago

Thanks, great stuff. gives me an idea what is involved

#8 6 years ago

-Don't take pictures too close. I always find I wish I was a little more zoomed out. With todays cameras you can easily zoom.

I did the following order on MB from memory though.
-Remove solenoid and flasher harness (my MB had quick connects)
-Remove Lamp harness (mark with blue tape the location of GI wire on the pop leads and desolder)
-Remove Switch harness
-Take pictures of T-nuts and Harness Standoffs, these are shaped differently
-Rebuild pop bumpers using old playfield as guide for lamp leads..(do this before moving any Mechs). Test lights with 9V battery before finishing.
-While hammering in pop bracket screws, do the same for drac. I use a wooden dowl to protect the field. Careful with Drac as those screws will impact play if pushed too deep or left too shallow. Same with over tightening Drac.
-Move T-nuts and Harness standoffs to new playfield using old field as guide. I buy new ones from Pinrestore (they are the small 8/32 kind I think) so I can tumble without having to remember
-Clean and move light boards, phantom and EMI / Opto boards, etc, and optos as well as harness standoffs
-Rebuild and move mechs. Use 9V battery to move anything like drac or updown bank to see how it works.
-Rebuild the entire Monster Table and Up Down Bank if you do any rebuild (this is a bitch).
-BEFORE you attach Drac Trac test all the bulbs in the light board below drac with 9V battery or you will be removing Drac to reach some
-Once everything has been moved. put switches, lamps, and then solenoid strings back on I think in that order
-Flip over and start on top.

I'm sure I forgot a few things. But a really easy playfield swap except for rebuilding the monster table and drac trac if you do that.

IMG_7671 (resized).JPGIMG_7671 (resized).JPG

IMG_7887 (resized).JPGIMG_7887 (resized).JPG

024 (resized).JPG024 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

1) Download the manual. It pretty much shows where everything goes and how to assemble everything.
2) Remove everything in bundles, store each assembly together. The best thing you can do is get a video camera going as you remove everything. That way you can just reverse the clips and it will show you how to reassemble everything.
3) The underside goes off in layers. You should start with all the assemblies and metal elements, then work your way to the "web". If I remember correctly, insert lamps come off first, then the GI layer, then the switch layer.

#10 6 years ago

I have done both of these games...actually mb twice. They were not too bad honestly. The ringmaster mech was kinda a pain, but not horrible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-swap-mb-and-cv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.