Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20160319_193013_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160319_192954b_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160319_193033b_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

First question for my first ever playfield swap;
So I've stripped off as much as I can and I was about to make a start but during my preparation look-over the two playfields (new and existing) I have noticed some drill-holes off-center, these are for the wire ball 'guides' as such pretty important to be spot-on (I would have thought).

Does this matter? - The holes are correct distance for the wire guide to fit, but will it then be slightly out of place?

Do I leave these to last, to make sure they line-up?

Also the holes are too small so I will need to drill them a little so do I use the actual hole and make it bigger or put a hole in the center of the art work?

IMG_20160319_192954b_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160319_193013_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160319_193033b_(resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Need to drill the hole out just a bit but not too much so that your guide is still a tight fit. But what I would do is not install the ones under the flippers. Their just to prevent bounce backs. Just my .02

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I have noticed some drill-holes off-center, these are for the wire ball 'guides' as such pretty important to be spot-on (I would have thought).

Does this matter? - The holes are correct distance for the wire guide to fit, but will it then be slightly out of place?

Even many original playfields will have the art printed off center from the routed holes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside