Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

75F3F365-8E44-4E9E-842E-A71AD9ED5434 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4436 (resized).JPG
IMG_4434 (resized).JPG
2FFDC6AD-A3A6-4491-BDE7-862F5C464F13 (resized).jpeg
07E90F89-079C-4896-889E-A07B42D83E57 (resized).jpeg
8DA49CC8-E892-43D1-98AB-B7190157316D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Completist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

These will be tricky as the hole you drill for these are small with nothing to cover it up after, compared to a starpost which affords you some wiggle room. Depending on how far over you need to relocate can determine how hard it will be to drill. You won’t want the existing dimple to guide your but back to the wrong location. You could use a pointy dremmel bit and make a new dimple maybe. I use an automatic center punch to mark new holes but i remove clear first so i don’t risk forming a crack.

I drilled mine tight at first for a friction fit but the size was too tight for my likely (cant recall diameter). So i drilled the next size up, dipped the end of the wire guide into Titebond III (or just use some decent wood glue) and set them to the right height. They are solid.

#13 3 years ago

The only thing will be to make sure the ball properly activates the roll over switch when it passes over. You do have a bit of play side to side when you installed the rollover too, but i wouldnt want it rubbing against the side of the slot. I dont think 1/8” will result in it not triggering the switch but worth verifying this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 3.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Completist.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-swap-front-side-dimple-locations-?tu=Completist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.