pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
AC10C7BE-6603-4CF6-AAE8-8459082E6F27 (resized).jpeg
722A18DB-7C85-4884-B3BC-394467A54898 (resized).jpeg
09208132-9C57-44AF-B620-493D1ED3F714 (resized).jpeg
145BA541-A347-40D8-9064-83FC811D1319 (resized).jpeg
6FE6125B-E38C-41FC-B5D6-8B796B727FE3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vin-bot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Getting ready for my playfield swap (never did this before). I thought I would share my plan of attack to see if any of you experienced guys got any comments or tips you like to share.

My plan of “attack”:

Apply (staple) new GI wire on new playfield, using the old playfield as a guidance.

Bring over the light sockets from the old playfield and solder them to the new GI wire

Bring over and solder the pop bumpers

Detach (unscrew) everything from the old playfield and a slide cardboard sheet underneath

Bring the cardboard with all parts over to new playfield and one by one screw everything on to the new playfield

What are your thoughts on this?

#8 2 years ago

Thanks for the very handy tips.

I can’t seem to find what the correct t-nut size is that’s used on the playfield of my machine (got a Pinbot)

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from emsrph:

Usually #6, #8 or #10. See what size screw fits there.

I am not familiar with the imperial system.

I checked and found that the bolt used for the star posts is the correct size.. this shaft is 2-2,5mm.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

I am not familiar with the imperial system.
I checked and found that the bolt used for the star posts is the correct size.. this shaft is 2-2,5mm.

Would that equal a #6 t-nut?

#13 2 years ago

Cool thanks..

Finalizing my parts list for ordering, but I can’t seem to find the playfield plastic glass channels

The blue parts manual does not show part numbers for this. Can anyone tell me the part number so I can order them?

Especially the back end one seems to be unfindable for me. I found the foam, but the t-shaped plastic channel, I can’t find.

AC10C7BE-6603-4CF6-AAE8-8459082E6F27 (resized).jpegAC10C7BE-6603-4CF6-AAE8-8459082E6F27 (resized).jpeg
#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

Cool thanks..
Finalizing my parts list for ordering, but I can’t seem to find the playfield plastic glass channels
The blue parts manual does not show part numbers for this. Can anyone tell me the part number so I can order them?
Especially the back end one seems to be unfindable for me. I found the foam, but the t-shaped plastic channel, I can’t find.
[quoted image]

Anyone?

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Consider tossing old light sockets because in a PinBot they are about 35 years old

I searched for replacement sockets (the blue parts book came in really handy here), but some of the socket types are currently not available at the various online pinball parts stores..

I was reading about cleaning harnesses in the dishwasher (incl. sockets) and I am thinking of cleaning the sockets instead of replacing them

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

REPLACE THEM! Do a little more digging, they should all be available. If there is a style you cant find, post a pic here and we will steer you to the source.

Okay, I can’t find these ones:

A-8449
A-8338

does anyone know where to find these sockets?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vin-bot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-swap-4?tu=Vin-bot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.