Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I'm taking apart a Bally Power Play for what started out as general repairs but has now evolved into a full restoration.

I really am not a fan of how Bally made their playfield support system in regards to service. Either you tilt the playfield up and use a bar on the right side of the playfield to support it or pull it out over a hump and lean it back on the head.

I've seen some really nice brackets from Williams games that have a slide mechanism on both sides. Has anyone ever tried to mod an early Bally SS to this kind of setup or am I (as usual) overthinking this and should leave well enough alone?

#2 4 years ago

I wouldn't attempt it.

Sounds like a LOT of work in order to it right.

#3 4 years ago

WMS bracket uses a single pivot point in the side of te cabinet i believe, then the slider mechanism is attached to the bottom of the playfield.

I am planning a mod to remove the cabinet bolt and instead make a self contained pivot point (attached to the interior of the cabinet and the bottom of the cabinet. I am doing this to remove the ugly bolt from my side art, but it could probably be used for your situation. Just needs to be adjusted for SS games (different height of the pivot bolt), then you would just need to attach a WMS slider mech to the playfield.

Just thinking out loud here, might not work at all

#4 4 years ago

It was just a thought bubble I had when I was carefully sliding the playfield forward and having to support the rear so it didn't crash down over "the hump" (which the previous owner did with reckless abandon judging by the amount of wood missing at the bottom rear of the playfield). It's fixable but I was thinking man there's just a better way here!

#5 4 years ago

You could use the Data East brackets:

http://www.mantisamusements.com/bracketsupport.htm

#6 4 years ago

Sharp! I may just work on the ledge in the cabinet, had an idea on fabricating an easement. No drawings yet but will post if it comes to fruition.

#7 4 years ago

I just cut a piece of wood to prop the opposite side of the playfield from where the prop rod is to hold the playfield even.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside