• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Brewchap
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210718_183917 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brewchap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I dont know much about Data East but I'm trying to learn. Right now I have an Playfield Status error that shows theses errors:
T-Rex up #57
T-Rex Left #32
Left Slingshot #43

I'm thinking that if this was a Williams/Bally pin, then I would check the transistors to see if they were bad.

I'm pretty sure that is not a switch metric problem and the wiring and diode on the switches look good.

Is there a drawing or schematic that show what and where to find these transistors? Is there anything else that I am overlooking?

#3 2 years ago

The motor moves at times left and right. There was a time that it would not move left to right and it keep trying to spin the motor to the left. After a time of letting it set for a bit, it started moving left and right again. Switches open and close as they should and the up and down motion works fine also. Well, it don't seem to want to go all the way down as if it was picking up the ball.
Is there any maintenance tips or suggestions that would help with the performance of the T-Rex?

#4 2 years ago

Motor is back to wanting to move in just one direction now. Triggering the left or right switch does not influence the direction of the spinning.

#6 2 years ago

Yes it has DC voltage and the motor spins. It just spinning in one direction, motor does not reverse direction back and forth with press of left and right flipper buttons

Where is the motor relay?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Check its coil and transistor Q10.

Tip122 tested good compared to the others and I was able to ground the coil for it to fire.
As for the motor, it just spinning in one direction, motor does not reverse direction back and forth with press of left and right flipper buttons.

#9 2 years ago

I found a loose green/blue wire a few days ago and I soldered to the white/orange wires of the slingshot. Not sure where is goes for sure, but the other side had a green wire on it also.
So as a test, I un-soldered the wire thinking that might have been the problem. Now the slingshot error does not show up on the playfield status, but the slingshot still does not work.

20210718_183917 (resized).jpg20210718_183917 (resized).jpg
#10 2 years ago

Moving the connector for the relay made the left and right controls work again. I did not see any cold solder joints, but I heated them up anyways.

Found this info here,
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/165#post-5869143

Still getting the T-Rex up error #57
I thought that the switch might be bad, but the the T-Rex menu I can see that the switch opens or closes.

#11 2 years ago

T-Rex seems to work even thought it shows a error in the playfield status menu.

Still don't have a working slingshot. Q10 test good on the DMM and I can still ground the coil and make it fire.

Thoughts?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Switch 43 registering properly in the test?

Well, It didn't at first until I started thinking about the placement of the green/blue wire. I ended up moving that wire to a difference lug and the switch started registering.

I still got the T-Rex Up #57 error in the Playfield Status test, but when I do the T-Rex test the up switch turns off and on as the head raises and lowers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brewchap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-status-error-for-jurassic-park-de?tu=Brewchap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.