(Topic ID: 187181)

Playfield Seating Poll - Smasher or Lifter?

By Rascal_H

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dsuperbee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How do you conquer the hump!”

• Ramming speed! 20 votes
      63%
    • Gentle lift 12 votes
      38%
    • Other (there's another way?) 0 votes

(32 votes)

#1 7 years ago

After you are done working on your game and it's time return the playfield into the cabinet you will inevitably hit that speed bump on the rails. So...

Do you grab hold of the service rails and ram past the hump with the playfield until the playfield returns into the cabinet?

- OR -

Do you reach behind the playfield with one hand to give it a gentle lift while the other hand pushes the playfield into the cabinet?

I have a guess to what most people will pick but just curious.

Edit: of course this poll only applies to this type of playfield servicing. Not simple hinged games.

#2 7 years ago

On most Sterns I get the playfield to the hump and press down on the base of my apron, raising the back of the playfield up. At that point it's cruising speed into port for me.

#3 7 years ago

Closer than I thought

#4 7 years ago

Picard Maneuver.

#5 7 years ago

Ok, I guessed wrong.

#6 7 years ago

Speed bumps are always smoother when you go faster over them.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Speed bumps are always smoother when you go faster over them.

Depends on the car

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-seating-poll-smasher-or-lifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.