Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1267 (resized).jpeg
    20240317_085521 (resized).jpg
    71CFC4FB-C011-4F12-A117-3CB9B1A885E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0163 (resized).jpeg
    20230902_163726 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210602_004314087 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210602_004418120 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210602_011626050 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210602_005642601 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210602_011427768 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220804_023827274.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220804_023836700.MP (resized).jpg
    PXL_20220830_014735675 (1).MP (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230725-215808_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20230725-215714_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    All Photos - 1 of 1 (resized).jpeg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

davideokills turned me on to these bicycle stands that make for a great rotisserie. Around $100 on Amazon.

A0858580-F5D9-4DA8-BB85-A01C9187D2FE (resized).jpegA0858580-F5D9-4DA8-BB85-A01C9187D2FE (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

there's a few different kinds on amazon, one is cheaper but this one looks sturdier.. I think this is a great option.. note, you have to buy two of them.

#3 4 years ago

A lot of options. Only get these. They are sturdy. Did two swaps, no issues. They were around $100 for both. These are much better than the build your own contraptions. I've used a few different options. This is the best. No screwing into the playfield. Lots of space at the playfield ends. Perfect height and clamps adjustable to grab off center, still sturdy.

#4 4 years ago

Gotta link to the ones you are using in your pic?

#5 4 years ago
    #6 4 years ago

Cool, I will give these a try. Thanks

#7 4 years ago

Does it clamp hard enough to hold the PF even rotated to the vertical position?

#8 4 years ago

I've done an Addams swap, which is heavy, and it rotates 360 in any position, clamps are bulletproof, and sturdy. Not my product, but it is the best rotisserie I have ever seen.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Does it clamp hard enough to hold the PF even rotated to the vertical position?

Yes

#10 4 years ago

This is the junk people have to build.

vid (resized).jpgvid (resized).jpg
    #11 4 years ago

and... you have to screw it into the playfield.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

This is the junk people have to build.
    [quoted image]

Where did that photo come from? I like the exposed conduit on the wall!

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

and... you have to screw it into the playfield.

Most of us use clamps.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Shame on me

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Most of us use clamps.

More work

#16 4 years ago
    B7CDB870-5AC6-4BD7-BB82-BF694688B97D (resized).jpegB7CDB870-5AC6-4BD7-BB82-BF694688B97D (resized).jpegE3CB8C8A-3EA0-4ED6-A202-7DF62F7543C1 (resized).jpegE3CB8C8A-3EA0-4ED6-A202-7DF62F7543C1 (resized).jpeg
    #17 4 years ago

Thx for all the pics!

#18 4 years ago

i already have two of these bicycle stands. Thanks for posting this.

I wouldn't have considered doing this, but it makes perfect sense. You can hold a very heavy bike in any position with them.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Most of us use clamps.

Clamps (resized).pngClamps (resized).png
    #20 4 years ago

This is a great idea. Cheaper and faster than building, plus practical and handy for bike maintenance too.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

This is a great idea. Cheaper and faster than building, plus practical and handy for bike maintenance too.

And we all know a few pinsiders should be riding more on the bike!

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

And that's not my pic.

#23 4 years ago

I have swapped dozens of playfields. This works the best.

#24 4 years ago

I'm in the middle of a JP swap and use a X frame type stand that supports the playfield on either side but there is no rotating, pain in the arse when you have to do anything on the top of the PF because once it's on the stand you aren't moving it. I'm going to order these right now even though I am in the middle of the swap, it will be so worth it.

#25 4 years ago

You won’t regret it. This easily swivels 360 nice and clean. No clamps, etc.

#26 4 years ago

Bah, it's not prime.. I sort of have a thing against not ordering prime, especially for the returns but also the speed of shipping.

I was considering going with one of these styles, it has the quad pod leds which I'd rather not have but the prime options in the lower price range seem to all have that. But... can just return it if it's not stable enough. https://www.amazon.com/CyclingDeal-Bicycle-Mechanic-Workstand-Handlerbar/dp/B01LQY55G2/ref=sr_1_7

Here is one a bit closer and prime: https://www.amazon.com/unisky-Foldable-Adjustable-Maintenance-Workstand/dp/B07CLWY55R/ref=sr_1_25

#27 4 years ago

I like that second Amazon one best (the one for $63). I like the fact the two legs point toward the center of the PF. I think it will work well in closer quarters.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CLWY55R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0J-1CbSYJVTXF

#28 4 years ago

OP's link came up at $56 each and prime for me this morning.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from weaselfest:

Weird, will check again!

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from weaselfest:

If the seller doesn’t stock the item in an amazon warehouse that services you, it isn’t eligible for free prime shipping.

#31 4 years ago

I ordered two right after OP posted the link last night and they were on Prime for me as well...

#32 4 years ago

Will order. Thanks for posing!

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

If the seller doesn’t stock the item in an amazon warehouse that services you, it isn’t eligible for free prime shipping.

That must be the case, still not prime for me.

1 week later
    #34 4 years ago

I found the bike mounts on Google for $30 and just clamped them to a couple of workmates.

20190519_122119 (resized).jpg20190519_122119 (resized).jpg20190519_123046 (resized).jpg20190519_123046 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #35 4 years ago

Cool. Put a loaded heavy playfield in to check.

2 months later
    #36 4 years ago
    Quoted from detroitzoran:

I found the bike mounts on Google for $30 and just clamped them to a couple of workmates.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

How is this setup working?

3 months later
    #37 4 years ago

jj44114 Do these work with Playfields with large back walls? Like a modern DMD?

1 week later
    #38 4 years ago

No. I put the wall on just before dropping the pf in the cabinet

1 month later
    #39 4 years ago

I went with these. I was skeptical given the price and knowledge of asian import stuff but these are very sturdy. So much easier!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07J9J8GLK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01

6 months later
    #40 3 years ago
    Quoted from detroitzoran:

[quoted image][quoted image]

A riff on the same idea. Bought a used training table on castors for $25 and added the bench bicycle clamps on steel rails.
    All that's left to do is cut the rails to size.

All Photos - 1 of 1 (resized).jpegAll Photos - 1 of 1 (resized).jpegPhotos - 1 of 1 (resized).jpegPhotos - 1 of 1 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #41 3 years ago

This looks like a great idea! Any recommendations on what to get? Most links in this thread are unavailable now. Or does it really not matter too much because if it can hold a bike, two can hold a playfield?

7 months later
    #42 2 years ago

Glad I found this tip to use bike stands....thx.

I ordered these since the others mentioned were not available any longer - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083LCS3KT

3 weeks later
    #43 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinHigh1:

Glad I found this tip to use bike stands....thx.
    I ordered these since the others mentioned were not available any longer - amazon.com link »

Did those work out for you? Now even they aren't available anymore.

6 months later
    #45 2 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Any reason these wouldn’t work? Too flimsy?
    amazon.com link »

I have a set of these and have used them for 3 years now. Works great. I got a set where the legs are tubes for better stability. Only issue is that it takes a little maneuvering to get the playfield locked in by yourself. oops just saw the amazon link. Not sure on that one as I did not look at the link. My bad

Mike

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from packie1:

I have a set of these and have used them for 3 years now. Works great. I got a set where the legs are tubes for better stability. Only issue is that it takes a little maneuvering to get the playfield locked in by yourself. oops just saw the amazon link. Not sure on that one as I did not look at the link. My bad
    Mike

Okay I looked at the link. Yes those look flimsy. Here is what I purchased back in 2018.
    Mike
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C1JTYW2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#47 2 years ago

Thanks. Not available. My current rotisserie is two straight back chairs with the edge of the pf across the seats, all leaning against the backs. Not elegant, but it works for doing mechanical fixes.

#48 2 years ago

fwiw I got a set of these and bolted them to a 2x4 on an old tv cart and its worked fine for me through 3 playfield swaps so far.

ebay.com link: itm

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Thanks. Not available. My current rotisserie is two straight back chairs with the edge of the pf across the seats, all leaning against the backs. Not elegant, but it works for doing mechanical fixes.

Any tube model would work. Depends on how much you want to spend. I would just tell you to make sure that the clamp is easy to tighten and loosen. If it is just a wing nut, you will fight it more than anything else. Here is a another model that looks promising.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0741Q1CQD/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3
    Just make sure you order 2 right away. Hate to order one and not be able to get another mate.
    Mike

1 year later
    #50 8 months ago

Revive-a-thread.

Was looking into rotisserie and stumbled across this post. Those of you using bicycle stands still happy with them?

Any thoughts on these two options?

https://a.co/d/2Rxala6

Or

https://a.co/d/0Y7e5cM

Screenshot_20230725-215714_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230725-215714_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230725-215808_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230725-215808_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-rotisserie-bicycle-stand?hl=tscottn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.