(Topic ID: 10138)

Playfield rotisserie

By Pinballer22

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1497.jpg
    IMG_1496.jpg
    IMG_1495.jpg
    DSC04892.JPG
    DSC04890.JPG
    photo_1-2.JPG
    photo_2.JPG
    IMAG0846.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Looking to build another one and wondered if anyone out there has the perfect/cheapest design. I have tried a couple and not sure I have found the best one yet. Hope to hear/see multiple examples. Thanks

#2 12 years ago

I actually made up a list last night and am going to the supply house tonight to get the parts. Will let you know how it comes out

#3 12 years ago

follow the directions by this guy Mike from RGP. Great design, cheap to put together. It has served me well the last few years

http://rgparchive-removed.com/rgpforum/showthread.php?t=155656&highlight=pinballmike217+rotisserie

#4 12 years ago

I built the pipe version and didn't like it....wasn't as stable as I would have liked.

Whridlsoncestood...look forward to seeing your design

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

I built the pipe version and didn't like it....wasn't as stable as I would have liked.
    Whridlsoncestood...look forward to seeing your design

I have mine attached to a stable workbench. Agreed that it is not stable without additional support

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from Espo66:

follow the directions by this guy Mike from RGP

I built this one also. Very inexpensive and easy to put together. Mine also seemed rather unstable until i really tightened all the pipes down using pipe wrenches

#7 12 years ago

I made one dolly that held folded up tables that i picked up at an auction.

IMAG0846.jpgIMAG0846.jpg

#8 12 years ago

I used the design from Ed Chung's (sp) site and mounted it to saw horses. Works great. Super stable and breaks down for storage.

#9 12 years ago

heres a couple pics. Oh and its edcheung.com

photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_1-2.JPGphoto_1-2.JPG

#10 12 years ago

Wow those are bad pics! Guess I need a new camera.

EDIT: No, the WD40 is not used on the pins. If I didnt say that it would have come up.

#11 12 years ago

this is my design and works well

DSC04890.JPGDSC04890.JPG DSC04892.JPGDSC04892.JPG

#12 12 years ago

Built mine tonight. Will get pictures up tomorrow. Black pipe design similar to pinmikes with some changes for added stability

#13 12 years ago

Here are the pictures. Added brace in middle to stop the slight wiggle people were complaining about. Works great and is nice and solid. I liked the union connection better for a spinning axis. Quicker and easier for me and less to get in the way.

IMG_1495.jpgIMG_1495.jpg IMG_1496.jpgIMG_1496.jpg IMG_1497.jpgIMG_1497.jpg

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Here are the pictures. Added brace in middle to stop the slight wiggle people were complaining about. Works great and is nice and solid. I liked the union connection better for a spinning axis. Quicker and easier for me and less to get in the way.

Attachments IMG_1497.jpg (268.7 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old IMG_1496.jpg (251.8 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old IMG_1495.jpg (317.3 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old

Nice. Maybe you can help me mask those mods to mine. I knew you would improve upon the design!

So the union enables you to slide in and out for different PF lengths and also lets it turn on axis?

#15 12 years ago

The bottom is not screwed together. 1/2" pipe is feed through 3/4" t's and thumb screws are drilled into them to lock in place(per mikorb design)but honestly isn't necessary with the extra stabilizer. Unions is for quick and easy rotating. Should be easy enough to ass to yours although I think you have a different base design. We can look into it

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-rotisserie-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.