(Topic ID: 239444)

playfield riveted parts question

By mark532011

2 years ago

Topic Stats

  • 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vec-tor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite


Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4024 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Got a question about my Rescue 911 and some playfield riveted parts. I believe I can get a rivet gun and repair these parts but I don't know where to find the pieces.

2 different issues.
1) the bottom part has a threaded portion that is then riveted to the wall. Any idea where to get something like that?
2) the top part shows the broken "L" pieces, any sourcing for those or do I try and make a piece from some stock?

IMG_4024 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Pinball Resource is your guy, I have bought both there before iirc.

#3 2 years ago

I second Pinball Resource. Send them an email with the pics and they might be able to help you. Pinball shows are a great source for things like this. There is always a guy with a box of junk metal or scrap playfields. It doesn't have to be the right game, just the same era. Also, you need a rivet press, not a rivet gun. Very different. Maybe someone local to you has a rivet press you can use.

#4 2 years ago

If you find the parts, I will rivet them for you with the correct rivets for no charge if you are down this way (Bothell). I could also fabricate the two L brackets, but not the one with the threaded part. I've got a bunch of 14 gauge stainless.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

broken "L" pieces, any sourcing for those

I tried to talk to cliffy about making "L" brackets like those you have that are broken...
Give him a try.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside