(Topic ID: 267528)

Playfield restorations is 100% caught up and taking new work again.

By CaptainNeo

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7245[1] (resized).JPG
    IMG_7244[1] (resized).JPG
    WXOT8123[1] (resized).JPG
    indy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 3 years ago

If I still had my Space Mission torn down I probably would have sent you that. It's a bit of a roach inside. The playfield wood actually has a pop up bubble where the ball would land from the right scoop so it may be too far gone to be worthwhile.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'd have to see it. nearly everything is fixable (aside from major twisted warp, or cracked in half), it comes down to if it's worth it to spend the money to fix whatever is wrong with it. Show me a pic of this bubble.

Cool I'll text you a short video this weekend. It's almost impossible to detect unless it's pressed upon.

7 months later
    #29 3 years ago

Just got my Knock Out back from Neo today! Looks amazing.

(close up is a before)

To clarify a couple things; yes the playfield was from Wade as a reproduction, BUT this was not part of his production run so it did need work. Experimental clear and wood was used and had some damage from being handled as such. Neo did a great job with the inserts and removing a few scratches. I think there are a couple artistical differences between this one and the official reproduction but I sure can't tell a difference at first glance. This is a major upgrade to the blown out playfield I have installed right now on my game.

great work CaptainNeo and Wade!

WXOT8123[1] (resized).JPGWXOT8123[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7244[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7244[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7245[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7245[1] (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-restorations-is-taking-work-again?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.