New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 267528)

Playfield restorations is 100% caught up and taking new work again.

By CaptainNeo

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

indy (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

With everything going on, i've finally been catching up on playfields again. For the 3rd time in 13 years, i'm getting to the point where i'm finishing up the final stages on the last ones in house for customers. So if you want a quote or need something restored, and don't want to have to wait 6-8 months. Now is the time. Playfields are put in my queue in the order they show up at the door. Sometimes playfields show up 3 in a day. Which can push the worklog back. Currently if something showed up at my door tomorrow, with minor touchups, turnaround time could be 4-5 weeks.

If you want a quote. Email me pictures to:

nwojedi@hotmail.com

send a pic of the Top, middle and bottom sections overall. Close ups of problem areas.

I have 3 levels of restoration work.

Level 1 is just clearcoating. no touchups or minimal black insert edge work only.
    Level 2- touches up the visible areas of the playfield when together from players perspective. Areas under plastics, posts, ramps and what not are not touched up.
    Level 3- Touches up everything.

All clearcoating is the same on all 3 levels. I use automotive clearcoat for clearcoating. Been using the same clearcoat for 13 years. Proven to hold up well for playfields. Just finished playfield number #429 last night.

#2 6 months ago

btw, my website is

www.playfieldrestoration.com

The website is currently being completely rewritten and has been in hiatus for the past 4 or 5 years as I can't get into it to edit it. So the info in it is old, but still has info. It will be completely different once the new site is complete.

#3 6 months ago

turnaround time is about 4-6 weeks currently. With light to medium touchup work needed.

1 week later
    #4 5 months ago

Last one going out the door monday. Now is the time if you want something done fast.

#5 5 months ago

I figured everyone would be finally getting their games ready for restoration with all this downtime. Usually i'm booked up 3-6 months.

#6 5 months ago

i'm going to bump this every day. not sure if playfields are on the way, a lot of times they just show up at my door without me knowing they are coming, But i'll keep bumping this till more come in. out of 13 years. Never been fully dead. (I do have robot cabinet rescreening projects i'm currently doing, but then back to playfields (maybe)). Been caught up 2 other times, in 13 years.... only for it to last about 2 days and then buried again. With the shutdown and extra time. figured people would be breaking down games they didn't have time to get to in the past.

#7 5 months ago

If I still had my Space Mission torn down I probably would have sent you that. It's a bit of a roach inside. The playfield wood actually has a pop up bubble where the ball would land from the right scoop so it may be too far gone to be worthwhile.

#8 5 months ago

I have a Time Fantasy PF you CC/touched up many moons ago. Still looks incredible. I wish I had something to send to you...

#9 5 months ago

I'm so thrilled with my Indy resto, its beautiful! I wish I had another for you. I'm searching for a TAF to do next. I know there are a several replacement options for playfields now but I really love having an original playfield whenever possible.

indy (resized).jpg

#10 5 months ago

Wish I had something to send now!

#11 5 months ago

Dang, it's the catch 22. I haven't bought any games that would need PF restorations because nobody was taking them in anymore. Now that is opening back up I'm betting I can't find any games that would need it. If I can find a local "300", Top Score or Space Mission I'm in!

#12 5 months ago
    Quoted from EJS:

If I still had my Space Mission torn down I probably would have sent you that. It's a bit of a roach inside. The playfield wood actually has a pop up bubble where the ball would land from the right scoop so it may be too far gone to be worthwhile.

i'd have to see it. nearly everything is fixable (aside from major twisted warp, or cracked in half), it comes down to if it's worth it to spend the money to fix whatever is wrong with it. Show me a pic of this bubble.

#13 5 months ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'd have to see it. nearly everything is fixable (aside from major twisted warp, or cracked in half), it comes down to if it's worth it to spend the money to fix whatever is wrong with it. Show me a pic of this bubble.

Cool I'll text you a short video this weekend. It's almost impossible to detect unless it's pressed upon.

2 weeks later
    #14 5 months ago

Nice, a got a Stingray that I would like to get do e.

#16 5 months ago

captainneo I have a Stargate I need a #1 on.

#17 5 months ago

Stargate that just needs clear? How is that even possible? I've never seen a stargate without some kind of wear somewhere.

#18 5 months ago

shot you an email with pics. Thanks!!

#19 5 months ago

I'll send a PM when off work.

#20 4 months ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Stargate that just needs clear? How is that even possible? I've never seen a stargate without some kind of wear somewhere.

Why do you think I want it cleared!?!?

#21 4 months ago

because you said number 1. That's just clear.

#22 4 months ago

do you do touch ups without clear?

#23 4 months ago

I could, but it would be very difficult. Since when doing playfields. You touch stuff up. clear, then retouchup things you missed. Spots that reveal themselves you didn't see before, and sometimes have to change colors that changed after clear hit them.

2 weeks later
    #24 4 months ago

Do you accept playfields with factory mylar? Its a Radical by Bally? Reproduction playfields are un-likely for this. Removing the mylar will most likely remove alot of art I would assume.

1 week later
    #25 3 months ago

yes, I do. With system 11's, it's tricky because the lacquer reacted to the plastics of the inserts. SO many of them would create airbubbles and crack the lacquer and flake off. Hence, why so many system 11's are epic failures when removing mylar. Many of them the art is already off the playfield, and stuck to the mylar before you even try to lift it up.

3 months later
    #26 4 days ago

I just got a Sky Jump playfield back from Captain Neo. It had planking and Neo was able to get it perfectly smooth and looking great. This is the first clear that Neo has done for me and I just wanted to say that it turned out beautiful, great communication, fast service and a reasonable price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 89.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 89.99
    $ 78.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    $ 85.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 11.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 64.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 110.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside