You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

001.JPG
IMG_26691 (resized).jpg
IMG_26681 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I don't know if this is the right place to start but I recently acquired two old beat up playfields. They are too far gone for restoration, but I wanted to look into doing some kind of wall art with them. Does anyone know of an online resource or maybe a how-to video somewhere for something like this?

For those who are curious the playfields are Power Play and Playboy.

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

You might want to post pictures of the two playfields. There maybe someone out there that has one of these games with a playfield that is in worse shape then yours. This happened to me once. A guy I ran into told me in passing he was taking a few games to the dump the next day. I asked if I could come over and gets some part off his games before he headed to the dump. He agreed. When I arrived one of the playfield was 50% better then the one I had. I'd say it was a 8 out of 10. He thought it looked trashed. The game was a EM Evil Knievel. The other games where in bad shape but had a lot of great parts including good backglasses. This was in the late 80's when operators where cleaning out buildings to make room for some of the crappy video games the made in the early 80's. Good luck with your art project.

#3 6 years ago

Its most common to clean them, light them, and hang them.
2 short alternating blinking Christmas light strands can be a quick and affordable way to light.

#4 6 years ago

thanks for the suggestions. i think the xmas lights route might be the way to go. as you can see these things are not worth restoring.

IMG_26681 (resized).jpgIMG_26681 (resized).jpg

IMG_26691 (resized).jpgIMG_26691 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

You are right, however the Playboy may have a chance with that new overlay system. I think they are called Hardtops. I'm sure they will make Playboy one day. They do have a post here on Pinside.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

You are right, however the Playboy may have a chance with that new overlay system. I think they are called Hardtops. I'm sure they will make Playboy one day. They do have a post here on Pinside.

Here is the link to Hardtops

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hardtop-playfield-new-product-announcement-poll-included

#7 6 years ago

Interesting, I wasn't aware of the Hardtops. The only machine I own is Future Spa actually, so I will keep an eye on this. Thanks for the information.

#8 6 years ago

Christmas lights are cool!

001.JPG001.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-repurposing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.