Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dr_nybble
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I have a 1964 Williams Soccer, I got the glass out but the playfield will not lift up. I see two latches on the side of the playfield but releasing them did not help. What am I missing?

#2 3 years ago

I don't own any Williams Em's, but there may be a latch under the front end of the playfield that can be accessed through the coin door. Pulling it down, or side-to-side depending on the style of latch, should hopefully release the playfield.

#3 3 years ago

You may have to pull the plunger while lifting.

Like that on my 1965 Heat Wave.

#4 3 years ago

My 65 Williams Big Chief is the same way. You have to pull the plunger back slightly.

#5 3 years ago

Yes, same for Moulin Rouge (1965). Pull the plunger back before lifting.

#6 3 years ago

I was working on my soccer this morning, if the shooter wasn't the issue let me know.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions, I did try the plunger but that didn't work. Maybe I wasn't pulling back far enough. I don't have access to the game right now but I will check it again next weekend. Does anyone know, what are the metal latches are for on the left and right side rails of the playfield?

#8 3 years ago

They are to lock the playfield down. Raise them and rotate into the playfield 90 degrees.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-release and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.