7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170410_094133 (resized).jpg
    Booth (resized).png
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Playfield Protectors is excited to announce that we will be offering pre-ordered playfield protectors available for pickup at Allentown’s Pinfest (May 5th and 6th, http://www.pinfestival.com/)! Not only will this save you the shipping fee, we are also offering a substantial discount on the Playfield Protectors themselves!

How it works:
    Go to https://www.playfield-protectors.com, you’ll need to create an account. Purchase as many as you like at a discount of 10%(discount code: pinfest2017). During checkout use the ‘other shipping address’ button and change the shipping address to ‘Pinfest Spring Pinball Show Local Pickup’ This will remove the shipping charges from your order. Reducing the total cost from approximately $153 USD to a flat $98 USD for the first protector plus $109 to $98 for any additional protector. If you plan the order more than 5 protectors, please contact [email protected]

Your Playfield Protectors will be available for pickup at our booth in Allentown

We will also have some of our more popular protectors available for purchase at the show

Please note that the cutoff date for orders is April 23th for Pinfest Pickup. After this date the promo shipping address will no longer be available

#2 7 years ago

Booth will be located near the vendor\freeplay games entrance

Booth (resized).pngBooth (resized).png

#3 7 years ago

Son of a bi##h!!!! Just bought a protector for full price last week! Wish I'd have known.

Great product. I really like it.... it looks good and does it's job well.

#4 7 years ago

I did post in the Allentown thread that there was an announcement coming.

Did it ship? Drop Frank a line...he might be able to save ya the shipping

Quoted from lurch:

Son of a bi##h!!!! Just bought a protector for full price last week! Wish I'd have known.
    Great product. I really like it.... it looks good and does it's job well.

#5 7 years ago

Hopefully this deal will show up for the Chicago Expo.

#6 7 years ago

While I can't speak for Frank. If there's an interest...it might be possible to get out to the expo

Quoted from KingBW:

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Booth will be located near the vendor\freeplay games entrance

I'm getting two. Shouldn't be a problem to make the walk from my booth (#63) down to the playfield protector booth to pick them up! See you in Allentown.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kid

#8 7 years ago

Well... if you get thirsty after that harsh travel...I'll probably have a little something to help ya out when you reach your destination

Quoted from rkahr:

I'm getting two. Shouldn't be a problem to make the walk from my booth (#63) down to the playfield protector booth to pick them up! See you in Allentown.
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync adapter kid

#9 7 years ago

just ordered 2 sets....see you at Allentown!

#10 7 years ago

I might be interested in one for Addams Family but I don't know for sure at this point - is this a title you intend to bring extras along to the show for? It will likely be too late to order once I know for sure if I will be needing one. If I do need it I'll be setting up Thursday and could let you guys know before the show even started but I just don't know what is going to happen with this Addams Family yet.

#11 7 years ago

I can certainly put the request into Frank to make an TAF available for outright purchase at the show

Quoted from too-many-pins:

I might be interested in one for Addams Family but I don't know for sure at this point - is this a title you intend to bring extras along to the show for? It will likely be too late to order once I know for sure if I will be needing one. If I do need it I'll be setting up Thursday and could let you guys know before the show even started but I just don't know what is going to happen with this Addams Family yet.

#12 7 years ago

I can certainly put the request into Frank to make an TAF available for outright purchase at the show

Thanks - that would be a HUGE help. I can catch him during set up if I end up needing it. Kind of a long story but I have an Addams Family with a bad playfield I am trying to decided what to do with it. I don't know if we will repair it and keep it or sell it as is because I have another Addams Family in the works. If we repair this one I'll need to protector but if we decide to sell it at the show the buyer might want a protector once I tell them what my idea was for the machine. So either way it is likely that protector will get sold during the show.

#13 7 years ago

Wish they had Gottlieb Fun Park, Domino, or Spin-A-Card. Those are my nicest single-player playfields (with Fun Park looking factory new) and I've been waiting a while for these to be made and even lightly inquired a while back - is there any form of "request"? I doubt they would be ready for the show, but curious nonetheless.

#14 7 years ago

I want to order 2 protectors but I'll be nowhere near the show

#15 7 years ago

Do you have anyone heading to the show that could pick them up for ya?

You could also pick them up in the Buffalo NY area if that helps

Quoted from Haymaker:

I want to order 2 protectors but I'll be nowhere near the show

#16 7 years ago

Do you have anyone heading to the show that could pick them up for ya?
    You could also pick them up in the Buffalo NY area if that helps

I'll certainly be seeing if any of my contacts are going to be attending but I'm doubtful. Any chance of playfield protectors showing up at expo this year?

#17 7 years ago

It's possible. Nothing is planned of now as far as i know

Quoted from Haymaker:

I'll certainly be seeing if any of my contacts are going to be attending but I'm doubtful. Any chance of playfield protectors showing up at expo this year?

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Luckily we found a super nice guy who supports us on site at Allentown. Maybe a comparable opportunity will show up for Chicago Expo.

#19 7 years ago

We will have some bestsellers at the show, but it is hard to say, which ones and how many. At least you should be able to take a look at the product in general, even though "your" protector might not be "in stock".

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from protectors:

We will have some bestsellers at the show, but it is hard to say, which ones and how many. At least you should be able to take a look at the product in general, even though "your" protector might not be "in stock".

It would be great if you could have TAF at the show for me "just in case" I need one Thursday or early Friday AM. If it can't happen I fully understand but if I would have to get it shipped to me I would likely have to pass on it because I'll need it at the show - not sometime down the road. Kind of a very long story but bottom line I am 95% sure I'll want one at the show unless machine sells to someone wanting to replace the playfield.

I could write a book about the insanity going on in my life right now when it comes to pinball stuff and some people will say I have already done that on Pinside. But stuff keeps changing on our end due to a large warehouse deal I have in the works.

THANKS!

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from protectors:

Playfield Protectors is excited to announce that we will be offering pre-ordered playfield protectors available for pickup at Allentown’s Pinfest (May 5th and 6th, http://www.pinfestival.com/)! Not only will this save you the shipping fee, we are also offering a substantial discount on the Playfield Protectors themselves!
    How it works:
    Go to https://www.playfield-protectors.com, you’ll need to create an account. Purchase as many as you like at a discount of 10%(discount code: pinfest2017). During checkout use the ‘other shipping address’ button and change the shipping address to ‘Pinfest Spring Pinball Show Local Pickup’ This will remove the shipping charges from your order. Reducing the total cost from approximately $153 USD to a flat $98 USD for the first protector plus $109 to $98 for any additional protector. If you plan the order more than 5 protectors, please contact [email protected]
    Your Playfield Protectors will be available for pickup at our booth in Allentown
    We will also have some of our more popular protectors available for purchase at the show
    Please note that the cutoff date for orders is April 23th for Pinfest Pickup. After this date the promo shipping address will no longer be available

Could you guys please put up some recommended fitting instructions?

What you recommend for the playfield before fitting and the bottom of the protector before fitting.

I.e. We are considering polishing a new playfield with novus no 1 and the 2. We are considering cleaning the bottom of the protector with windex before fitting.

Is this ok to do?

Thanks

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

It would be great if you could have TAF at the show for me "just in case" I need one Thursday or early Friday AM.

We'll take care of that

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What you recommend for the playfield before fitting and the bottom of the protector before fitting.
    I.e. We are considering polishing a new playfield with novus no 1 and the 2. We are considering cleaning the bottom of the protector with windex before fitting.
    Is this ok to do?
    Thanks

It is highly recommended to install a protector on a cleaned playfield. So you are good. The playfield protector itself can be cleaned like you would clean your playfield. You can even wax it, but please use less material. Even more recommend is to use new balls.

#23 7 years ago

Thanks very much for the info! Do you consider novus no 2 to be wax?

Would you treat the bottom of the playfield protector the same as the top of the playfield protector ?

We hope you are selling lots of playfield protectors.. What a fantastic idea!

#24 7 years ago

Is this ok to do?
    Thanks

I could be mistaken since I'm not familiar with the actual product, but I wouldn't let an ammonia based cleaner like windex around any clear plastic. In fact I don't let ammonia anywhere near any of my games. better safe than sorry

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I could be mistaken since I'm not familiar with the actual product, but I wouldn't let an ammonia based cleaner like windex around any clear plastic. In fact I don't let ammonia anywhere near any of my games. better safe than sorry

Thanks for the info. We only use windex on the playfield glass. We are interested in other people opinions on what is the best way to fit the protector.

Thanks

Con

#26 7 years ago

I'll be installing one this week. It looks pretty straight forward. It doesn't look like it will take any 'fitting.' They are cut to go over or around most PF stuff.

Just an FYI these do ship flat..the ARE NOT rolled up.

Thanks for the info. We only use windex on the playfield glass. We are interested in other people opinions on what is the best way to fit the protector.
    Thanks
    Con

#27 7 years ago

I'll be installing one this week. It looks pretty straight forward. It doesn't look like it will take any 'fitting.' They are cut to go over or around most PF stuff.
    Just an FYI these do ship flat..the ARE NOT rolled up.

The reason we are asking is that we have fitted a playfield protector on our TAF. The playfield protector moves once fitted. The playfield protector has rubbed all the Carnuba wax off and the wax is sitting under the protector. I know only the wax has come of as we only waxed the mansion. It is the only area that has the particles under the protector. We used Novus no1 and 2 on the playfield and both sides of the protector.

I totally agree with you, the protectors are easy to fit and we love them. We have a few more to put on and are interested in how and what people are doing to the protectors and playfields before fitting,

Thanks

Con

#28 7 years ago

Gottcha..
    I'm not a big fan in general of Carnuba wax in general just for this reason. The white powdery stuff ends up everywhere and it has terrible adhesion properties in general. I would imagine it would be the same under the protectors. I don't plan on waxing my PF before installing the protector. I'll buffed the snots out of it and will clean it up with some 3m Hand Glaze...install the protectors and see what happens.

This will be my first installation...so I'm kinda winging it

The reason we are asking is that we have fitted a playfield protector on our TAF. The playfield protector moves once fitted. The playfield protector has rubbed all the Carnuba wax off and the wax is sitting under the protector. I know only the wax has come of as we only waxed the mansion. It is the only area that has the particles under the protector. We used Novus no1 and 2 on the playfield and both sides of the protector.
    I totally agree with you, the protectors are easy to fit and we love them. We have a few more to put on and are interested in how and what people are doing to the protectors and playfields before fitting,
    Thanks
    Con

#29 7 years ago

Gottcha..
    I'm not a big fan in general of Carnuba wax in general just for this reason. The white powdery stuff ends up everywhere and it has terrible adhesion properties in general. I would imagine it would be the same under the protectors. I don't plan on waxing my PF before installing the protector. I'll buffed the snots out of it and will clean it up with some 3m Hand Glaze...install the protectors and see what happens.
    This will be my first installation...so I'm kinda winging it

We fitted our playfield protector on GBLE last night. Playfield is brand new. We cleaned the playfield with Novus No1, peeled the backing off the playfield protector and put it straight on. My biggest issue with the playfield protectors is that they move. We used 2 small pieces of double sided clear sticky tape. 1 piece up the top of the playfield and one piece in the drain hole. Problem solved! We put a few games on it last night.

I am going to order another playfield protector for Aerosmith today. Insanity that we put playfield protectors on new machines. The clear coats for every manyfacturer are prone to chipping. Moving forward, cliffys in all the shooter lanes and protectors on the playfields before we plunge a ball.

Machine looks amazing with the playfield protector!

Happy Flipping!

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from protectors:

What is the cutoff date to put in a order to be brought to the show? I would like to purchase a Met pro and a LOTR and building up my Paypal account now.

#31 7 years ago

April 23rd is the last day to order. You still have plenty of time

Quoted from arcademojo:

What is the cutoff date to put in a order to be brought to the show? I would like to purchase a Met pro and a LOTR and building up my Paypal account now.

#32 7 years ago

Will you have Globetrotters available at the show if I don't pre-order?

#33 7 years ago

Sorry - was a bit offline...

... if you use very little wax, it shouldn't be a problem. But cleaning and polishing without waxing is even better. Novus 2 is quite good for polishing.

Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Will you have Globetrotters available at the show if I don't pre-order?

We will put a set of our bestsellers together. We could also include a HG, but if someone goes for it, it's gone. The protectors onsite are not only to be sold but also to be an example what you get - in case you havn't seen a protector before.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from protectors:

... if you use very little wax, it shouldn't be a problem. But cleaning and polishing without waxing is even better. Novus 2 is quite good for polishing.

Thank you for the reply. Would you clean and polish the front and back of the playfield protector?

Thanks Con

#35 7 years ago

Here's a quick pic on the Medusa that just got a Playfield Protector installed. Keep in mine this was a tear down...you certainly don't have to take the PF down this far to installed it.

I left the sling mylar on...this PF is pretty nice and didn't want to take a chance pilling the artwork.

I plan on bringing the pin to Allentown if you'd like to get a feel for how the protector plays.

20170410_094133 (resized).jpg20170410_094133 (resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago

Here's a quick pic on the Medusa that just got a Playfield Protector installed. Keep in mine this was a tear down...you certainly don't have to take the PF down this far to installed it.
    I left the sling mylar on...this PF is pretty nice and didn't want to take a chance pilling the artwork.
    I plan on bringing the pin to Allentown if you'd like to get a feel for how the protector plays.

Installing a protector on a pin with star rollovers takes a bit of work. Can you tell us (or maybe take a close up photo) how star rollover issue was handled with the two rollovers on your Medusa?

THanks

#37 7 years ago

Star rollovers are no big deal. There's a circle cut our for the entire star. I really didn't have to do anything but install the protector.

I did use the tiniest piece of 2 sided tape (1/4" x 1/8") to keep the protector from sliding. I'm not sure it was necessary but it seems like a good idea.

Quoted from cottonm4:

Installing a protector on a pin with star rollovers takes a bit of work. Can you tell us (or maybe take a close up photo) how star rollover issue was handled with the two rollovers on your Medusa?
    THanks

#38 7 years ago

Star rollovers are no big deal. There's a circle cut our for the entire star. I really didn't have to do anything but install the protector.
    I did use the tiniest piece of 2 sided tape (1/4" x 1/8") to keep the protector from sliding. I'm not sure it was necessary but it seems like a good idea.

I'm sorry; I was not clear in my question. Since (in the pic) you don't have the flippers installed, can I assume you have not played the pin, yet?

I am interested in knowing how in plays with the difference in height levels of the rollover nad protector with the protector installed.

Thanks.

#39 7 years ago

Oh.. gotcha.

I played quite a few games on it yesterday. I haven't noticed any difference in how the switches interact. I think the protector (Frank can correct me) is something like 1.5M think...which isn't much

So far I haven't had to adjust any of the switches.

Quoted from cottonm4:

I'm sorry; I was not clear in my question. Since (in the pic) you don't have the flippers installed, can I assume you have not played the pin, yet?
    I am interested in knowing how in plays with the difference in height levels of the rollover nad protector with the protector installed.
    Thanks.

#40 7 years ago

The new playfield protectors (since August 2016) are only 0.5mm (0.02‘‘) thick. In some cases - if there is heavy magnet usage and if there are no rollover, we use slightly thicker material.

#41 7 years ago

Oh.. gotcha.
    I played quite a few games on it yesterday. I haven't noticed any difference in how the switches interact. I think the protector (Frank can correct me) is something like 1.5M think...which isn't much
    So far I haven't had to adjust any of the switches.

OK. Thanks.

Does the ball travel any different when it crosses the rollovers area? Is the trajectory of the ball changed in any way? Good? Bad? Or not noticeable?

THanks

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Wish they had Gottlieb Fun Park, Domino, or Spin-A-Card. Those are my nicest single-player playfields (with Fun Park looking factory new) and I've been waiting a while for these to be made and even lightly inquired a while back - is there any form of "request"? I doubt they would be ready for the show, but curious nonetheless.

+2 on Domino. I'd buy one and for another machine if they had it made....but I'll just wait.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from protectors:

We will put a set of our bestsellers together. We could also include a HG, but if someone goes for it, it's gone. The protectors onsite are not only to be sold but also to be an example what you get - in case you havn't seen a protector before.

Please consider bringing a few Globetrotters, I don't use Paypal so can't pre-order - AND I am working on purchasing a Globetrotters at the show so don't have a deal 100% nailed down yet - so you can see my conundrum.

#44 7 years ago

About 10 days left to order your protectors!

#45 7 years ago
    Hey - I learned a new word

Harlem Globetrotter is also one of my favorite classic machines.

I also love the classic Gottlieb EMs - especially the wedgeheads. But they are super rare in Europe, so it is hard for us to get our hands on them.

#46 7 years ago

So - four days left for preorders...
    A limited selection of our bestsellers will be available on site for $100.

#47 6 years ago

1 day left! Orders close tomorrow!

#48 6 years ago

April 23rd is the last day to order. You still have plenty of time

Just got my order in for the Met pro 2013 and LOTR playfield protectors. Looking forward to picking them up at the show.

#49 6 years ago

Great..we'll see ya there!

Quoted from arcademojo:

Just got my order in for the Met pro 2013 and LOTR playfield protectors. Looking forward to picking them up at the show.

#50 6 years ago

I have two of them and like them, but is it possible to make them just a bit thiner?

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protectors-pinfest-2017-promo-%e2%80%93-free-shipping-and-discount and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.