5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170410_094133 (resized).jpg
    Booth (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider protectors.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Playfield Protectors is excited to announce that we will be offering pre-ordered playfield protectors available for pickup at Allentown’s Pinfest (May 5th and 6th, http://www.pinfestival.com/)! Not only will this save you the shipping fee, we are also offering a substantial discount on the Playfield Protectors themselves!

How it works:
    Go to https://www.playfield-protectors.com, you’ll need to create an account. Purchase as many as you like at a discount of 10%(discount code: pinfest2017). During checkout use the ‘other shipping address’ button and change the shipping address to ‘Pinfest Spring Pinball Show Local Pickup’ This will remove the shipping charges from your order. Reducing the total cost from approximately $153 USD to a flat $98 USD for the first protector plus $109 to $98 for any additional protector. If you plan the order more than 5 protectors, please contact [email protected]

Your Playfield Protectors will be available for pickup at our booth in Allentown

We will also have some of our more popular protectors available for purchase at the show

Please note that the cutoff date for orders is April 23th for Pinfest Pickup. After this date the promo shipping address will no longer be available

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Hopefully this deal will show up for the Chicago Expo.

Luckily we found a super nice guy who supports us on site at Allentown. Maybe a comparable opportunity will show up for Chicago Expo.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I can certainly put the request into Frank to make an TAF available for outright purchase at the show

We will have some bestsellers at the show, but it is hard to say, which ones and how many. At least you should be able to take a look at the product in general, even though "your" protector might not be "in stock".

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

It would be great if you could have TAF at the show for me "just in case" I need one Thursday or early Friday AM.

We'll take care of that

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Could you guys please put up some recommended fitting instructions?
    What you recommend for the playfield before fitting and the bottom of the protector before fitting.
    I.e. We are considering polishing a new playfield with novus no 1 and the 2. We are considering cleaning the bottom of the protector with windex before fitting.
    Is this ok to do?
    Thanks

It is highly recommended to install a protector on a cleaned playfield. So you are good. The playfield protector itself can be cleaned like you would clean your playfield. You can even wax it, but please use less material. Even more recommend is to use new balls.

#33 5 years ago

Sorry - was a bit offline...

... if you use very little wax, it shouldn't be a problem. But cleaning and polishing without waxing is even better. Novus 2 is quite good for polishing.

Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Will you have Globetrotters available at the show if I don't pre-order?

We will put a set of our bestsellers together. We could also include a HG, but if someone goes for it, it's gone. The protectors onsite are not only to be sold but also to be an example what you get - in case you havn't seen a protector before.

#40 5 years ago

The new playfield protectors (since August 2016) are only 0.5mm (0.02‘‘) thick. In some cases - if there is heavy magnet usage and if there are no rollover, we use slightly thicker material.

1 week later
    #45 5 years ago
    Hey - I learned a new word

Harlem Globetrotter is also one of my favorite classic machines.

I also love the classic Gottlieb EMs - especially the wedgeheads. But they are super rare in Europe, so it is hard for us to get our hands on them.

#46 5 years ago

So - four days left for preorders...
    A limited selection of our bestsellers will be available on site for $100.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I have two of them and like them, but is it possible to make them just a bit thiner?

Well they are already a bit thinner than version 1. More would maybe counter productive for the purpose of protection

Quoted from pinballjah:

How long do these take to typically install? Say for a Shadow or Getaway. Thanks.

Early solid states are quite easy to do... it's like changing rubbers plus removing the flipper bats.
    It is highly recommended to clean the machine when installing the protector, install new rubbers (silicone rubbers are great) and be aware that rusty balls can cause a lot of damage. Please use new or well tumbled balls.

DMDs like Shadow or Getway require to remove i.e. ramps, but if you want to service a machine with a well done clean up you should do that anyway. So depending how carefully you do this - it can take several hours. If your machine is already pretty clean 1,5-2 hours should be doable.

#54 5 years ago

And this is a last bump... only about 12 hours to go!

To all pinsiders who already ordered - many thanks, much appreciated!

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Will you guy be at the Seattle pinball expo? If so I would like to buy a few.

Not sure that there will be anpther US event this year. But if you order "a few" you should be qualified for free shipping anyway

#58 5 years ago

Many thanks for your participation. The protectors are already on the way to Allentown
    So this promo is closed... if you are still interested in a discount... please check out this:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protectors-get-sponsorship-for-your-ifpa-event

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider protectors.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!