(Topic ID: 248321)

Playfield Protectors - Jurassic Park | Premium/LE - all available!

By protectors

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jamwin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Apologies in advance for my ignorance. My first pinball machine purchase ever is about to be the JP LE. I'm curious about the benefit of the protector. It feels like buying a top of the line cell phone with already shatter and scratch proof glass, then putting a screen protector on it that only ends up peeling off and causing more aggravation than protection. Aka it's not necessary. I'm guessing it's not fair to compare cell phone apples to pinball apples, but aren't playfields (Stern in particular) these days far less susceptible to general gameplay wear? Again I'm sure there's a reason that I'm unaware of I'm just curious as to why newer playfield technology would benefit from a protector skin as I do want to take the best measures to preserve my machine.

The Gorilla Glass on phones are scratch/fingerprint resistant up to a point. If you get the cheap worthless plastic screen protectors they peel off. However if you get the glass ones they don't do any of that and work as intended.

Playfield protectors are great at preventing dimpling for NIB games mainly.

Congrats on your NIB purchase! I played JP last night and it's a super fun game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protectors-jurassic-park-coming-up-soon?tu=hool10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.