Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Nepi23
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2117 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2115 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2116 (resized).JPG
    1245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5259 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5252 (resized).JPG
    Moist (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago

You need to clean the surface with Naptha before putting on the protector. Doing that will strip off the chemical that causes the moisture (looking) spots. Then reinstall the protector.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Cheep fix...dude clear coat your pf!

Yep, there is no equivalent to doing this. I just bought my first HEP restore and there is no comparison. However, clear coating a pf is not for everyone and commands a lot of work or a lot of money. For what you get with a pf protector its worth it. I have 6 W/B machines that have really nice original play fields and I installed pf protectors on 5 of them. (because we like to actually play or games everyday) The protector makes a really nice original pf look even better and in some cases like or better than new. And yes, I know the traditionalists don't like them or the way the say the game feels when playing, but I cant really feel the difference myself and you can't blame a guy who just wants to protect that original pf and play his game.

#16 5 years ago

Your supposed to remove the ramp. You can cut it, just install the mylar underneath the protector.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

This is not moisture and not from a chemical. The are newton rings caused by refraction of light between two materials. Check the previous threads on this. A bit annoying but not an issue.

I used the Naptha when I had this problem on NIB Hobbit. The moisture looking spot never returned. So say what you want, I am just posting my experience.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whthrs166.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protectors-from-germany?tu=whthrs166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.