Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Nepi23
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2117 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2115 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2116 (resized).JPG
    1245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5259 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5252 (resized).JPG
    Moist (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nepi23.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

I am in the middle of installing a PF protector. Have you noticed similar phenomenon, it looks like there is moisture under the PF protector. I had waxed the playfield, but had not removed the wax before putting the PF protector in - might this be the reason for it? Or if this is not the reason, how to avoid the phenomenon?

#8 5 years ago

I do not have the mad skills to required to do that.

Anyways, here's what it looks like:

Moist (resized).JPGMoist (resized).JPG
    #10 5 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

You need to clean the surface with Naptha before putting on the protector. Doing that will strip off the chemical that causes the moisture (looking) spots. Then reinstall the protector.

Thanks!

#15 5 years ago

About playfield protectors: I have difficulties in removing the ramps under which there is an orbit where the protector should go. I am thinking about cutting the playfield protector and just pushing the protector under the ramps to its orbit lane and then joining the parts with a piece of mylar. Have you done anything similar - any experiences in that regard? Here you can see my plans on how to cut the protector. Apparently it is not a good idea to cut along the red line, it would be better to do it e.g. along with the green line to avoid ball hangups. I have done protector installing before, but Alien just seems a bit too difficult in this regard, so I am considering cutting the protector.

1245 (resized).jpg1245 (resized).jpg
    #17 5 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Your supposed to remove the ramp. You can cut it, just install the mylar underneath the protector.

I know I know. This is just a very difficult task and there is no documentation to be found anywhere on how the ramps are set up.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

I cut my ACDC with no issues. Ive got a bunch of these protectors - love them
    Read this whole post and check out the last post (#28) for all my protector posts
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steps-to-add-pf-protector-to-acdc

Did you put mylar on the cut points? Over or under the PF protector? Did you cut the mylar pieces also at an angle similarly to the cut points?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Great questions and here are the 2 answers:
    When simply "cutting" the protector, I had NOT had to use any mylar whatsoever (see pics of cuts in both GB and ACDC)
    When "cutting off" portions of the protector, I DID have to use a small tab of mylar to lock down the free floating end
    I had to cut a piece off the one I put on Big Betty's Truck Stop because it just was not designed well. It was a small section near the top that was a ball trail into the habitrail overpass - no biggie
    Mind the angle you cut at and try to think about where the ball might be going too slow and could potentially "hang up" on that small slit
    I have tried to cut at an angle as well so the ball crosses at a bias rather than squared to the cut
    So far I am EXTREMELY pleased with these and may be ordering another one for my Data East Time Machine
    They are great if you want to do some playfield art touchups and then want to preserve that work without clearcoating
    They are also great for correcting cupped inserts
    They look like a million dollars when installed
    Careful waxing - they play even faster than a standard PF when freshly waxed![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Many thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nepi23.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protectors-from-germany?tu=nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.