Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 76 days ago by DCRand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C7A41E0F-B964-4127-87AD-379F048D71F1 (resized).jpeg

#1 10 months ago

Want to make sure my intuition is correct.
I need not wax a playfield that has a protector installed on it, right?
This machine came with it, I’m assuming it’s Mylar. Too much stress/risk for me to remove it, so it’s gonna stay on there.

C7A41E0F-B964-4127-87AD-379F048D71F1 (resized).jpeg
#2 10 months ago

You can definitely wax mylar. Polish it up with some novus first too.

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Thank you!!

#4 10 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'll second this note. Bought a Rocky n Bullwinkle with a mylar pf cover. Amazing difference in ball speed and play after waxing.

4 months later
#5 5 months ago

Hi All! I just became a proud owner of a 1983 Gottlieb Rack Em' Up. I've never owned a pinball before, and I wondered if you can help with some tricks and tips: I have some bees balm (with bees wax). On its label, it says that it can be used for every kind of leather, and natural wood. I had my doubts when reading natural wood, but I applied it to the Playfield, after a clean with compressed air, and microfiber cloth. Looks good so far. Nice shine, and the ball is rolling like hell. I saw here that most of you guys use carnauba (I assume because it is harder, and lasts longer once applied), but bees balm/wax is alright too, right? I mean it does no damage, and takes a good care of the playfield, right? (painted wood, there are some smaller cracks/dents, but over all it is in good shape).

Also I use the pinball for a few rounds every day. Is a light cleaning and waxing every 3-4 weeks enough to preserve its state?

2 months later
#6 76 days ago
Quoted from Csaszi7:

Hi All! I just became a proud owner of a 1983 Gottlieb Rack Em' Up. I've never owned a pinball before, and I wondered if you can help with some tricks and tips: I have some bees balm (with bees wax). On its label, it says that it can be used for every kind of leather, and natural wood. I had my doubts when reading natural wood, but I applied it to the Playfield, after a clean with compressed air, and microfiber cloth. Looks good so far. Nice shine, and the ball is rolling like hell. I saw here that most of you guys use carnauba (I assume because it is harder, and lasts longer once applied), but bees balm/wax is alright too, right? I mean it does no damage, and takes a good care of the playfield, right? (painted wood, there are some smaller cracks/dents, but over all it is in good shape).
Also I use the pinball for a few rounds every day. Is a light cleaning and waxing every 3-4 weeks enough to preserve its state?

Hi, sorry just saw your post. Congrats hope after 3 months you still love the game, and curious if it has bred yet. They tend to multiply when you aren't looking. I wouldn't use bees wax, a good carnuba is great. And for home use, every 6 months or so is probably fine. Run your finger over the play field when it is just waxed. if you do the same a few months later and it doesn't feel as smooth, time to re-wax. And don't use cleaner waxes. Sorry again for the late reply.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 149.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
SIlverball In Play
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside