P1090940 copy.jpg
P1090941 copy.jpg
DSC_5199 (Large).JPG
DSC_5210 (Large).JPG
DSC_5099 (Large).JPG
DSC_5214 (Large).JPG
DSC_5203 (Large).JPG
DSC_4905 (Large).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 10 years ago

I have restored my TAF playfield by installing the power magnet and mansion decals and by applying the cliffy protectors and waxing the entire playfield after that. The power magnet protector was ok, but I think the mansion decal would need some protection - also the areas, where the two decals meet should be protected as atleast some places the decals go a bit on top of each other due to the fact that the mansion decal was originally 2 mm:s too wide.

* Would it be ok to install this protector after I have done the aforesaid or should for example the wax be removed first?

* How do they go together with cliffy protectors installed?

* Apparently cliffys should also be removed?

* I wonder how would it go, since sometimes they have double-sided tape in them to hold the protector in place?

Any info to my multiple questions would be highly appreciated!

2 weeks later
#69 10 years ago

I installed the protector on my TAF, as I had to install a new mansion decal and power magnet decal on the playfield. I also had installed all the TAF Cliffy protectors on the playfield. The playfield protector now lays on top of the playfield and also the Cliffy protectors are under it. Works very well - actually I have yet to come up a single bad thing to say about the protector. So far it has simply been perfect! I put an order in for a protector for my MM as well. If once's playfield has been clearcoated, there should be no need then for the protector IMHO.

2 weeks later
#98 10 years ago

Ok, I did an error when installing my protector for MM.

As I looked at the protector on the playfield, the troll-holes looked to be to small for the troll-doors. Furthermore I remembered that the earlier owner told me that he had
bought some enhancement for the trolls.

Well, I then thought that the holed for the trolls were too small because of the "enhanced" i.e. bigger troll doors installed by the earlier owner... For this reason I cut the holes bigger with not that much of success - the cutout look quite terrible now. I also tried to iron out any cut-errors with sandpaper and it turned out that the sandpaper made the macrolon look cloudy there were I had used the sandpaper.

After making the holes bigger I realized that the intention of the manufacturer probably is that the troll-doors stay on top of the protector all the time and that's why only smaller holes are needed.

So, now I have the first complaint about the product: I do feel that in situations like this proper install instructions should follow the protector - while the solution probably self-evident to some people, for me it was not in this case.

I have emailed bestofpinball and asked, whether they would offer a replacement. I'll post a follow-up here. P1030002.JPGP1030002.JPG

#107 10 years ago

Judremy, to answer your question, with reference to my message, I was sure at the time that the holes are too small for my modified trapdoors (later found out that they are regular ones), so that's why I went and cut them.

Yes, bestofpinball.de did not offer a replacement and/or discount, so I will have to order a new one. I received info from a fellow pinball-enthusiast that indeed the trapdoor should go on top of the product.

#110 10 years ago

No problem judremy! It was worth to ask for the discount though, bestofpinball offered a small discount in this case to me after all.

5 months later
#159 10 years ago

I had some problems installing mine on MM. I had to loosen some playfield items on the edges (ball guides etc) and reinstall them on top of the protector to get it to fit properly. With my first install I did not do this and noticed that they were some "wrinkles" on the protector after that the had an effect on the gameplay.

6 months later
#235 9 years ago

The playfield protector has proved to be valuable to me and my TAF. TAF inserts had cracks and I covered them with decals. On top of that I installed the playfield protector. Now the gameplaying on my TAF is just fine and it also looks good (well, there is some ghosting on the mansion windows, but its no biggie). I can wait should PPS decide to release new TAF playfields and do the playfield swap then

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 180.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
16,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
Protection
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
£ 185.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protector-full-sheet-plastic?tu=nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.