• I want one so bad 79 votes
    29%
  • Bought one; getting more 89 votes
    33%
  • Bought one; don't like it 11 votes
    4%

(268 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 73 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190511_210608 (resized).jpg
20190511_210615 (resized).jpg
IMG_9053 (resized).JPG
11721750_10207709186191798_100239368_n (resized).jpg
11694264_10207709203032219_1048415497_n (resized).jpg
11714257_10207725048308341_1756457387_n (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
P1090942 copy.jpg
P1090940 copy.jpg
P1090941 copy.jpg
DSC_5199 (Large).JPG
DSC_5210 (Large).JPG
DSC_5099 (Large).JPG
DSC_5214 (Large).JPG
DSC_5203 (Large).JPG
DSC_4905 (Large).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Has anyone else tried one of these? Are they any good? How about raised inserts?

http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog/index.php/cPath/636

I ordered one for my F-14.

#4 6 years ago

The review at pinball news seemed ok, the cost is less then clearcoat and the installation would not take long at all. My F-14 has a fairly complex playfield and I've had the top of the playfield off before. This should be a snap. I am also conserned about dust under the edges. I'm wondering if it has a static cling to the playfield, like an iPad screen protector.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/playfieldprotector/index.html

I have insert decals for my game, so I have a couple options. I could remove and clean up the inserts before this is installed.

#9 6 years ago

I just got my dhl tracking number from Germany. So it's on the way.

2 weeks later
#17 6 years ago

Just picked up the box from the post office. The protector was well packed, it was taped to a piece of cardboard, inside a large box stuffed with the local paper. I don't read German, so I just pitched the paper out. Most of the top of the playfield will need to be removed for installation, I hope to get to this on the weekend.

I'm also repairing the mpu board so it might be a couple days before I can play test it.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2 weeks later
#26 6 years ago

For mine, to Canada shipping was under $50. For me €-$ conversion plus tax and duty was rit around $200 Canadian. Still cheaper then sending out my f14 to get clearcoated.

I plan to install mine this weekend. I will add pics when I do

#35 6 years ago

Before and after. Quick cell phone pics

image.jpg image.jpg

#36 6 years ago

Here's a couple more pics, the gloss on this stuff is pretty awesome. It also plays well. Its different then Mylar and better then nothing. I'm happy with first impressions.

#37 6 years ago

Here's a couple more pics, the gloss on this stuff is pretty awesome. It also plays well. Its different then Mylar and better then nothing. I'm happy with first impressions.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#39 6 years ago

Here's the story so far... Haven't played many games yet, but its nice

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=945

#41 6 years ago

I'm really enjoying this, it plays great. There's no more edges from raised inserts. The ball rolls true. This might seem weird, but it seems to me like the ball has more traction. I don't know though, it could just be that the ball is rolling in a straight line.

1 week later
#43 6 years ago

The more I play the game the more I like this product. It truly is awesome. Well worth the money

2 weeks later
#47 6 years ago

This protector is one piece of plastic that lays completely flay on the playfield, no tape or glue involved, just gravity.

I don't think that you would have to remove the wax, it would help absorb any movement in the protector.

As for cliffy's, I don't know, don't have them on f-14, I'd assume they'd be installed before the playfield protector.

I like this product, and would like to hear what others think of it too.

#51 6 years ago

It could go down over Mylar, but my f-14 had the mylar removed first. The shine is like a piece of glass on your game. It looks incredible. You can just clean it with novus. I highly recommend the product, but I'm a noobie.

I've only been into pinball for a couple years, this plays differently then a game that has been clearcoated, and I really like it. I really would like a pro to give this stuff a try because its got a different feel then any of my other games. NOT SAYING THAT A BAD THING, I LOVE THIS STUFF. It's not available for my other games. But I will get one for T'eed off when it becomes available.

You have to remove most of the playfield to install it, so it could be quite a job for a BOP game.

#55 6 years ago

That's what I was thinking with T'eed Off, the center window with the roulette spinner would be smooth as glass

#62 6 years ago

More airballs.... I'm playing on f-14 tomcat. There plenty of airballs, can't say there's less then before. I did have issues with the right center kicker. The ball would catch air leaving the trough. I fixed this easily with a spacer under the ball guide.

Also I have had a slow ball get stuck once. Again not really a problem with f14 it's not knowen as a slow game

Im going to read that German tread too

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

OP: did you remove mylar? How much paint came up, touch ups needed?

I did remove my Mylar. It was raised pretty bad with a couple inserts. I tried the freeze spray then goo gone. I didn't loose much paint. The most was on inserts, so I did get decals for the inserts.

1 week later
#84 6 years ago

And when there's one available for T'eed off I will buy it too

image.jpg

1 week later
#103 6 years ago

I didn't wax mine. So you should be ok either way

1 month later
#116 6 years ago

Mine is still nice and shiny, I have noticed some dust under it though

Still happy with the purchase.

10 months later
#229 5 years ago

I ordered mine from best of pinball and it was shipped flat in a big cardboard box.

http://www.bestofpinball.de/catalog/index.php/cPath/636/session/true

#232 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballShed:

What a waste of good hard earned cash. Why don't you all just wrap your games up in plastic and don't play them, that way you will keep them looking like new.

I bought mine for F-14 tomcat, the inserts were popping, and some were cracked. The cost to repair the playfield properly was more then 3 times that of a protector...and the chevron inserts (that were cracked) were unobtainable.

So tell me. What is the most cost effective way to turn a gravel road into a smooth path? Enlighten me.

1 year later
#298 3 years ago
Quoted from sulakd:

Also, would you install this on a NIB stern? I'm thinking it will keep the playfield in perfect condition and give the factory clear a couple extra years to harden.

This should prevent the new Playfield from compressing and show dimples. Although I don't know for sure.

You should be able to wax over the protector.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckydogg420.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside