Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by dq13
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210124_144554 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210130-140437_Gallery (resized).jpg
    20210130_123945 (resized).jpg
    20210130_122857 (resized).jpg
    20210130_122829 (resized).jpg
    20210130_123033 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200728_185627_BURST004~01~01 (resized).jpg
    5E3C208D-FA27-4189-B2B0-BA4EBEE07897 (resized).jpeg
    37EE7F9D-9773-4C22-873A-D4BBC682D8B6 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dq13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

Some people have reported a scratched, fogged playfield protector despite extraneous efforts at cleaning, but using a microfiber cloth. I have the German brand on mine with the instructions specifically urging to avoid microfiber cloths in cleaning because it will ultimately expedite dulling the protector. Not sure if this is the case with yours or some others whose pps have dulled. I am getting a few “wet” spots, but I’m really happy overall with it on my ToM.

1 year later
    #54 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaveTheTrain:

Sorry to bump this old thread.
    Owners of these, have you noticed the ball doesn't bounce on the flipper rubbers like it does on games without?
    I've got one on a DINER and it's incredibly dangerous to dead bounce on it. It just doesn't work.
    I wonder if it's the protector?

It sounds like this might be an artifact of extra ball spin, which I do notice with the playfield protector. Yes, it is much more difficult to catch, and the ball behaves a little differently. I wouldn't say worse, or better, it's just different.

2 weeks later
    #60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

What do you use for wiping the PF protector, if microfiber cloth should not be used?

Do NOT use a microfiber cloth. It will dull the protector. Just use Novus 1 with a cotton cloth

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

not all microfiber cloths are created equal. Some are rougher and made to grab, some are very soft meant to wipe with no damage.

Sure, but no reason to roll the dice on something that can't be undone.

9 months later
    #69 10 months ago
    Quoted from Dono:

I bought a PETG protector from Germany after seeing a buildup of dimples on my Jumping Jack reproduction playfield. Once installed and having played several hundred games I noticed several wet spots but can live with it although it looks like crap. More Bummed though to see minor smudging on the surface that I wasnt expecting after so few plays, but I assume this is par for the course. No longer seeing dimples being made, so I am happy about that.
    If there is a way to truly polish these, I havent heard of an effective way... if anyone can chime in Id be all ears.

I learned all about the inherent facts of dimpling recently. Once you welcome this into your life, you'll enjoy pinball much more.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dq13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protector-for-a-year-my-conclusion?tu=dq13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.