Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c_presley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 4 years ago

I’ve installed several now, the only negative I have found is with the use of cliffys. If you feel the need to use a cliffy with the protector then use a brand new razor blade and cut the protector so it does not sit on the cliffy. On some games for me cliffys impact the play for me, for example on my data east JP the scoop became a bit awkward but now with the protector it has given it a level feel and improved shot since there is no more lip due to cliffy. To me these are a no brainer upgrade, especially for routed games.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from slghokie:

For like a cliffy around a scoop do you just cut the protector back so it mates right up to the cliffy? Or just dont use the cliffy?I cut it so there is a very small gap between the protector and cliffy. Before either are installed I use the cliffy as a stencil

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c_presley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-protector-downsides?tu=c_presley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.