You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0116 (1) (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0022 (2) (resized).JPG
IMG_0060 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Looking for future titles to work on now that I retired early (56). Need ready to use art since I am not a art guy! Can be 300 dpi or better. Not looking to repeat what others are doing. I am one of the very small producers of playfields, & a pioneer of uv inkjet production for playfields many years ago. Here a picture of the 24 Star Gazer playfields going on now. I will be rolling out many Seawitch over the winter, & then there is openings to do projects quickly.

IMG_0060 (resized).JPGIMG_0060 (resized).JPG
#7 3 years ago

The problem is mostly one big one. MIRCO! I have reached out to him with no response. People were pushing me to do Stern Nine Ball which I was moving forward on. Not a word from him saying he was now quickly rolling out a non corrected Nine Ball playfield. CPR seems to be better to not to release a playfield at this time like my Star Gazer which they could do & maybe Seawitch. I asked about Firepower 2 & CPR said it is not on their radar. If it is a licensed product I would ask if the title is available & to make sure no one else has it in the works. I am very open about what I am working on or trying to do. The Mirco war with CPR to release the same titles has moved on to trying to screw the small guys too. Not very nice but if people remember Mirco past practice towards his bullshit claims about being the only one allowed to produce Classic Stern Products like playfields, glass, & plastics. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mirco-exclusive-classic-stern-parts-manufacturer

IMG_0022 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (2) (resized).JPG
#21 3 years ago

So I will not do work that others are doing or can do again, or that people seem to have in the works (please let me know!). Seawitch prepaid guys left with out a playfield (many took a test version previously). The production 20 are slightly delayed as I have to pace the printer & clear coat contractor. As of Dec. 30, 6 finished clear & will be picked up next week, 5 in for finish clear, & the other 9 left likely 5 or 6 to the printer next week. The future pace is likely 4-6 with the printer or finish clear coat contractor every week. The new model now that I am retired & spend usually 8-12 hours at the workshop is to finally plow through projects in a TIMELY fashion. The new business model 2021 is to eventually have 2-4 of each playfield finished & ready to ship on hand, & have finished playfields ready to go to the printer when the number drops below 2. Art needs to be print ready (not a easy task!) which means full size test prints are done, corrections made, & you can not have for example wood or lense color in the file (that would be printed). A new playfield project art ready to go is going to be a 2-4 month process to do! Any project would likely move forward if realistically a minimum of 20 playfields could be sold in 2 years. Before anything gets rolling if licensing is required it would need the green light. In the future I am going to refrain from posting in threads about trying to get a certain title in the works. If art is print ready 300 dpi please contact me & I will see if it is possible. So for my fan club that keeps going on about the slow progress of my past Star Gazer & Seawitch production over the last 7+ years. Pinball Production is HARD! when you have a 6 day regular job & the sole worker as a hobby venture. All the Star Gazer prepaid guys have their playfields along with many new buyers previously, & many of the Seawitch prepaid & new customers have received test versions over the last year+. Production Seawitch playfields 20 will be gone in January 2021, & I will have 32 going in for cnc in January (they did not want them in over the holidays. Seawitch & Star Gazer 2021 playfields are waiting on the 3/4" & 1" trans blue circle lenses that I had made from Northern Precision Plastics. They should ship next week after they return from holiday vacation week for the business. Happy New Year!

1 week later
#24 3 years ago

So I talked with Rick PPS. There are a few titles I am interested in doing Firepower 2, & another we will not disclose. See how it goes I am interested in doing low demand playfields.

#25 3 years ago

Moving forward with a em playfield for Rick PPS. This will likely be the next & possible 4th might be Firepower 2 (got my name on that one if it works out).

2 weeks later
#26 3 years ago

So working on 24 Star Gazer playfields & the next 32 Seawitch finishing cnc on Tuesday. I keep working on these 2 titles until the future projects are ready to start. I need art ready to print for projects. Projects that are being worked on Firepower 2 (Rick has me down for this playfield) & he is deciding on a em playfield title, & Stern Big Game art is being worked on locally along with a donor for cnc when art is done.

IMG_0116 (1) (resized).JPGIMG_0116 (1) (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#27 3 years ago

Still waiting on more playfield titles to do this spring. If you have art that is print ready contact me. There are 3 in the running but they are not ready to go.

#30 3 years ago

I am not a art guy. So I need projects ready to print.

3 weeks later
#39 3 years ago

So I am always interested in ready to print art @ 300 dpi.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-production-?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.