Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bronco-jon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF2753 (resized).JPG
DSCF2776 (resized).JPG
DSCF2810 (resized).JPG
DSCN5114 (resized).JPG
DSCF2807 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Is it just me or are these little steel posts/pins hard to come by?
I have looked on line everywhere I know to look and finding nothing. I'm not really sure what the proper name for them would be either.
Does anybody know who carries these?
Searching for old pinball parts is a job within it's self.

DSCF2807 (resized).JPG

#2 3 years ago

Pinball recourse should have them...

#3 3 years ago

Pinball recourse. lol

#4 3 years ago

He has a playfield post section of different pics of steel posts but none like these. I sent him a pic of a part I was needing several months ago and he told me not to send him pics?
Without him seeing it, I don't see how he would know if he has them or not.

#5 3 years ago

He likes part numbers, not pictures. Good luck finding a parts book for a 1934 Jennings...

#6 3 years ago

Better get a buddy with a lathe...

#7 3 years ago

It's a freaking nail for Christ's sake. I seriously doubt Jennings had those made just for their machines.
...then again, maybe they did. it just looks like something that wouldn't be hard to come up with.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Pinball recourse should have them...

Resource Haha sorry . Dam phone ..

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pinball recourse. lol

Resource haha.. dam phone ..

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

It's a freaking nail for Christ's sake. I seriously doubt Jennings had those made just for their machines.
...then again, maybe they did. it just looks like something that wouldn't be hard to come up with.

This is one of the nails on my 1948 Gottlieb Buccaneer. A common part that was used to support the lane guide springs on this era game. It doesn't look quite like what you have, so to find what you need you may have to stick with 30s vintage.

DSCN5114 (resized).JPG

#11 3 years ago

Still nothing

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Snapped a 8-32 top 8-32 bottom post on my breakshot this week. Uses a 1/16th post sleeve, should be easy to replace right? Nope, not at all. You can use something similar, make something, or repair the original.

So, feel your pain. I think this weekend I am going to drill out the bottom of the post, tap it, put a new threaded rod in, all to fix something that should be common and easy to get.

#13 3 years ago

I have a lot of pf posts in my parts bins from stripping pf's to restore. I dont have the post from that wood rail, though I have had them, and tossed them. someone (J.D) told me long ago, to throw away nothing, and this is a perfect example. If pin resource dosent have them, you will have to find a used one. I have had to buy many a pf for a part. right now I need to buy a desw just to make a dimple template.
I also need a champ pub used.
I get side tracked, I will check the coffee cans of parts and screws.
I would ask any old guys you may know that are in to the old games. I sure you have allready thought of that.
good luck

#14 3 years ago

Kind of a coincidence you commenting on this thread kruzman.....I purchased one of Peter's "Buthamburg" F-14 Tomcat repro playfields and your name came up regarding additional work that some buyers may want done to their playfield. Anyway, I made note of who you were in case I too decide I need this "other option" they are talking about.
.....Ok back to the topic,
I am not missing any of the metal pins/post on the playfield, however, there are some found to be pitted after I cleaned then up.
the ball guilds are also pitted and not able to find those either. (PBR has some but the wire is too thick, Steve said I would probably have to end up making my own guilds).
The first and second pictures shows how rusty they were before I cleaned them up and the third pic shows how they turned out after I cleaned them up. some of them are quite pitted as are the ball guilds.
Some of the post have tiny coil springs on them and some don't but that's how it was designed, you can tell from the round head escutcheon pins that are used on post with springs. Those pins/post I can find, along with the little springs (I found several different little springs like that on art/jewelry beads websites).
Would I be better off leaving it alone or trying to find some nice looking posts that are nice and shiny?

DSCF2810 (resized).JPG

DSCF2776 (resized).JPG

DSCF2753 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 10.00
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 2.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside