Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sulakd
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160221_100359_(resized).jpg
20160221_101239_(resized).jpg
lotr_plastic_(resized).jpg
ss-plastic-set-mop-12_(resized).png
IMG_0355_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

#1 3 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 10

for sale

Playfield Plastic Sets or Individual pieces

Added: February 10th, 2016
Condition: Used, good condition

Item description

- Pinside staff notice -

Buyer beware!

Please read the attached forum discussion for this ad, before ordering from this seller. If you are the seller, check your PM inbox.

- / notice -

I've just recently replaced most of the plastic sets in my collection and will sell the originals at the following prices:

Games: Avatar, TAF, TZ, Pinball Magic, TOM,BTTF, LW3, SF2, BSD, Viper Night Drivin', Batman Forever, Popeye, Sopranos, MB, TFTC,Getaway, Elvis, Bride, Xenon, Space Odyssey, Family Guy, Shrek, Firepower, Shadow, Congo, LOTR, SS, JP, FH, RFM

PLASTIC SIZES & PRICES
XS- $5
S - $10
M - $15
L/XL - $20

Example: Most slingshot plastics are a small, so a set would go for $20 (+shipping)

Many of the originals are in fine shape, but to get the one-off broken piece I needed to buy a new set... ugh. Also, if mine are broken in any way, pieces will be 1/2 off. Full sets will receive 20% of combined price. Pieces that are crap, I will give away if somebody wants them...

I don't have the time to list each and every piece and the condition... Let me know what you need and I'll let you know if it's available for sale and the condition. If you want pictures of the pieces, shoot me an email address.

Cheers!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Edmonds, WA, US

Seller insights

These are Dirt_McGirt's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Dirt_McGirt's stats page

#3 3 years ago

pm sent on BSD plastic.

#4 3 years ago

pm sent

#5 3 years ago

Need a full set of LW3 plastics. Tried to PM you, but would not work. Please PM me with what pieces you have and cost. Thanks!

1 week later
#7 3 years ago

Please send me a price and pics of your Bride offerings .... Thanks

#8 3 years ago

PM sent. Do you have this little piece beneath the coffin in BSD? As you can see mine is cracked

IMG_0355_(resized).JPG

#9 3 years ago

Do you have SS plastic 11 available please?

Thanks

ss-plastic-set-mop-12_(resized).png

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

PM sent. Do you have this little piece beneath the coffin in BSD? As you can see mine is cracked

Yep, $8 shipped...

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from j69:

Do you have SS plastic 11 available please?
Thanks

Yep, $20 shipped.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Les73gtx:

Please send me a price and pics of your Bride offerings .... Thanks

Whole set, fine condition... will be a couple days before I can get pictures taken.

#14 3 years ago

Pm sent

#15 3 years ago

from LOTR, looking for this red plastic piece approx. 3" by 1/2" between balrog and the gimli vuk. see photo.

lotr_plastic_(resized).jpg

#17 3 years ago

I need a couple for JP. The one at the lower pop above the control room scoop and sling shot plastics.

20160221_101239_(resized).jpg

20160221_100359_(resized).jpg

#18 3 years ago

Hey Dirt, any idea when you are going to send the BSD plastic? I made the paypal payment 2 weeks ago and never received any confirmation from you or a delivery date. Thanks!

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Hey Dirt, any idea when you are going to send the BSD plastic? I made the paypal payment 2 weeks ago and never received any confirmation from you or a delivery date. Thanks!

Uh oh....

#20 3 years ago

Hey - I also paid about a week and a half ago for Jurassic (whole set) and I haven't heard back either. I've sent an email the past couple of days but no update. I REALLY hope everything is still on the up and up here. Wasn't going to say anything yet but with someone else mentioning a similar question, I would throw my hat in there...

Anyone else hear back?

#21 3 years ago

Obviously, I don't think anyone else should send this guy any money unless we hear some kind of response here...

#22 3 years ago

Paid two weeks ago for LW3 set. I PM'd him a week ago asking when shipping, and he said he had the flu, so a couple more days. I'll PM him again and post back response if any.

#23 3 years ago

I sent him a pm on a few plastics, but never heard back. Looks like he's a relatively new member. Glad I didn't send any funds.

#24 3 years ago

i was going to ask about firepower, i think i'll pass.

#25 3 years ago

I agree - no one send any more money until we get resolution here.

I told him he has until tomorrow EOD to reply otherwise, I'm having paypal getting my money back. Always remember to pay as a service otherwise no coverage for buyers....

#27 3 years ago

Still no word so I've opened a case with Paypal. If this ends up being the result, I will post a thread just so people are aware of this low life.

#28 3 years ago

Opened a dispute through Paypal. No response to any PMs, and he hasn't logged in to Pinside since February 21.

#29 3 years ago

Same Here, sent $$ for plastic and no product or reply

#30 3 years ago

I got lucky i guess. I sent a pm inquiring and he never replied so no money lost. Hope this is resolved for all of you who sent this scammer money!

#31 3 years ago

Ya I sent money as well.
Looks like its time for a claim.

#32 3 years ago

So interesting update. Just received a package notification that was sent from him via USPS. Should be here in two days YET no word from him. I wonder if this is in response to my paypal claim. Will keep it open until package is delivered to confirm it's not a picture of my money!

#33 3 years ago

I just got a PM saying he needs a couple more days to get them shipped.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So interesting update. Just received a package notification that was sent from him via USPS. Should be here in two days YET no word from him. I wonder if this is in response to my paypal claim. Will keep it open until package is delivered to confirm it's not a picture of my money!

Any update?

#35 3 years ago

If I don't hear back from him by tomorrow I'll also be submitting a dispute. Gave him plenty of time....

#36 3 years ago

Looks like a classic case of buyer beware.

#37 3 years ago

Sorry to hear about this and I hope this is just a temporary misunderstanding (maybe the seller is ill?).

Regardless, I have added a "buyer beware" notice to the top of the ad and also sent a PM to the seller requesting a response asap.

I don't know how long a dispute can be made, but would advice everyone who sent money to keep an eye on the maximum claim date.

Let's just hope the seller will react here today or tomorrow.

#38 3 years ago

I'm out $25.00. I paid almost a month ago.

#39 3 years ago

So why would this dude post these items for sale if he didnt have them on hand? How would he know exactly what he even had to sell in order to make his original post? Either this dude was trying to scam everyone or hes completely incompetent. Either way the guy isnt starting his tenure here on pinside on the right foot.

#40 3 years ago

I can give an update on my end. We're over a month now.

Apparently the "postman" did not pick up the package which is why it was delayed. Then he complained I did not pay him enough and cancelled the way he was shipping it and now said it's going out this week. He was also very rude in his last email saying I should calm down and that I'm overreacting. That was the VERY cleaned up version of it. Good thing he lives on the west coast and not in the east.

This guy is a lowlife. Does he have the product? Maybe. Will it ever get shipped out? Maybe. Should it take a month plus and be non responsive after I paid him ASAP? hell no. STAY AWAY from this guy. Thank god paypal will protect me if this doesn't go through.

#41 3 years ago

I paid about $113 28 days ago.

Here are the seller's messages to me in response to my paypal dispute:

March 4: "Sorry for the lack of communication. Will ship today or tomorrow. Thought I had messaged you and let you know I wasn't feeling well. Regardless, I was offline for almost 2 weeks total. Feels like I've already told you this... anyway, will provide tracking when I get it."

March 10 at 10:18 am: "I'm at my shop right now, gathering your parts. Will ship today. Really sorry about the delay. This has been a huge ordeal between getting sick at the worst possible time and then moving. You have every right to be pissed... I would be too. My apologies. Will update with tracking number soon. Cheers!"

March 10 at 10:20 am: "SHIT! I just remembered the issue before... The plastics are still installed in the game and the glass is on, but I can't find the frickin' key after the move. Ugh. I'll drill the lock out if I don't find it today..."

#42 3 years ago

I will take this as a lesson. I am only out $25.00. I will not friend money via Pay Pal in the future, I will pay the extra percentage to have the protection.

#43 3 years ago

His original ad is a red flag. He says he just replaced original plastics in his games with new ones. Does anyone replace original plastics unless they are broken or really worn?

#44 3 years ago

Following. Hope this smooths out, I need a couple little ones.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Following. Hope this smooths out, I need a couple little ones.

Don't count on it...

#46 3 years ago

Surprising but very good update here.....I received my package today as described! Yes - I actually received my plastics for Jurassic Park. Now it took so long I've decided during the meantime to sell the machine but they're in the house, look good and will have a new owner soon.

Don't give up hope yet. Although I will never do business with him again, I did receive the product.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Surprising but very good update here.....I received my package today as described!

Glad to hear it! That's very good news. Thanks for the update.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside