• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210417_112911 (resized).jpg
20210417_112918 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hi, i just recently have this in my garage to fix up. I am just not sure if i should go for it or find another playfield, as i go over the line they do bulge out a little, any advice would be appreciated.

20210417_112911 (resized).jpg20210417_112911 (resized).jpg20210417_112918 (resized).jpg20210417_112918 (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago

That looks pretty good.
I would keep it.

#4 2 years ago

Keep it. Just a good cleaning and then keep it waxed.

#5 2 years ago

Dont you guys think i need to grind around the lines, they go from top to bottom and fill it up as it does bulge a bit?
And thank you, i am going to keep it. Its a bit of a project burned coil clran the players units and etc.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from beini:

Dont you guys think i need to grind around the lines, they go from top to bottom and fill it up as it does bulge a bit?

Does it affect a slow rolling ball? If yes, you might want to fix it. If not (or if not too badly), leave it all alone.

The trouble with playfields like this is that fixing one area leads to a much larger process, in this case probably a nearly complete repaint. If you sand down that line, fill it, and paint it it’ll look way different than the rest of the playfield, plus the repair will need to be covered in mylar or the entire playfield clearcoated. If you’re going to clear it, might as well do it right and paint over a lock down coat of clear and seal with the same.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Does it affect a slow rolling ball? If yes, you might want to fix it. If not (or if not too badly), leave it all alone.
The trouble with playfields like this is that fixing one area leads to a much larger process, in this case probably a nearly complete repaint. If you sand down that line, fill it, and paint it it’ll look way different than the rest of the playfield, plus the repair will need to be covered in mylar or the entire playfield clearcoated. If you’re going to clear it, might as well do it right and paint over a lock down coat of clear and seal with the same.

That is what i thought, so i have to check with slow rolling ball and see what my next move is. Thank you for your help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-plank-fixable- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.