1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

hi there,

I have 3 1/2 degrees, a buddy says 5 what is your opinion?

#2 1 year ago

It's purely subjective. If you want the game a bit more floaty, 3.5 will do it. If you want it faster, then 5 will do that. All depends on how you want the game to play.

I recently jacked up the rear of my Sky Jump and it totally changes how the game plays. Much harder now to trap with the flippers. The game is way faster, which installing a new Wade Krause playfield also had something to do with it.

#3 1 year ago

This has been debated and discussed a few times here. The consensus was: Do whatever you like. There's really no wrong answer.

Gottlieb recommended 3 1/2 degrees on their EMs, but for a lot of us, it feels too "floaty," therefore many crank up the slope.

Personally, I like my games to be fast and tough, so I often have steeper angles across all my games.

#4 1 year ago

I think it depends on the game too. Some games may play better with steeper playfield and some may play better with a shallower pitch. Try different degrees and see how you like the gameplay.

#5 1 year ago

one thing he brought up in the discussion was that with new rubber on mine the game is more bouncy
    I think he is right on that, but in my opinion 5 degrees makes his one a drain and sdtm game.
    I will try tonight to bring it up to 4 degrees, like you said personel prefference

Does annyone know what a 1969 bally Hoo was ment to have from factory?

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballFever:

I think it depends on the game too. Some games may play better with steeper playfield and some may play better with a shallower pitch. Try different degrees and see how you like the gameplay.

Totally agree; I crank up angles on my mid-seventies WMS games (Gulfstream, Super Star, Dealer’s Choice) to about 7 degrees. Woodies stay at about 3.5.

#7 1 year ago

Every time I play those 3.5º floaty games at a show I say to myself this is why some people don't like EMs.

A jukebox friend of mine has a bunch of pinballs. He just got his Xenon running and told me to try it. It was set up floaty too. I could have played all day. The ball hardly got any momentum and had trouble rolling over the outlane switch. He said you got the highest score. Yeah, no kidding.

On the other hand I am not one of those guys that puts a board under the back levelers either. A few degrees can really make a game much more fun though. You just have to be careful that it doesn't suddenly become brutal. A little adjustment can also make all the difference in outline drains and SDTM sucker shots. You just have to play around with it.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dono:

Totally agree; I crank up angles on my mid-seventies WMS games (Gulfstream, Super Star, Dealer’s Choice) to about 7 degrees. Woodies stay at about 3.5.

What about 2" flipper wedgeheads and the like?

#9 1 year ago

Plus are they all original or orange coils, high tapped etc...

#10 1 year ago

My woodrails are around 4.4 degrees - just right for me.

3.5 would be soooooooo slow.

#11 1 year ago

Steep enough that the ball return to the flippers is not too fast and not too slow.

Momma bear's bed.

#12 1 year ago

i got to about 4,8 in steps i think i like it like this, less floaty and a bit faster. 4 to 4,8 is real nice but more then 5 makes for realy short games, and the inpact makes my new rubbers realy bouncing.

#13 1 year ago

it honestly does reflect upon personal preference . on location i try to find a happy medium for mine.

#14 1 year ago

3" levelers on the back almost maxed out, and front levelers bottomed with no nuts.

I have no idea what the pitch is, but since most of them are two inch flippered Williams games, flipper power and being able to get the ball back to the top is not a problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 134.95
    Lighting - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 174.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside