Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I'm needing to know the part numbers for some coils, drop targets and other parts for Laser Ball. Would anyone so kind to point me in the right direction?
I have found the Boards drawings and parts list, just not this.

#2 7 years ago

Bump for another question:

I got lots of burned out bulbs and they are all difference types, What type do I need?

#3 7 years ago

Most of what you need will be here - http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1413

#4 7 years ago

Thanks lukex! I have been there, and inspected the files again. I did miss in one spot to use type 59 bulbs to spell "LASER". Your answer was spot on for what I asked for. Once you answered my question, I realized that I should have phased the question difference.

I'm going to change the title to reflect I hope the correct question. Thanks again for you help lukex

I'm looking for ''under" the playfield schematics that should the diodes on the lamps and drop targets. All so wanting to find the assy drawing for the flippers, drop targets, and what-no.

#6 7 years ago

zacaj the parts manuals is a great resource. That has help me out a bunch in trying to find the correct numbers for some broken/missing parts.

lukex @zacaj, you both brought up the ipdb.org for the under the playfield components. How do I find out the correct diodes for the lamps, flippers, and drop targets? Is there a rule of thumb to use a standard diode? and how about what type of bulb do I use? I pulled a bunch of type 44 bulbs and a few type 59's bulbs. I did find that the type 59 goes to "LASER" I'm guessing on the playfield.
Is there a placement drawing that tells the location of difference type of bulbs on the playfield and back glass?

I got all of the boards working, but bought a rebuilt sound board and also repaired the master display along with the slave cables. What do I look for when it is in "attract/audit" mode? The only thing I know that will show this is player one will flash 000000. then 500000.
I don't have the playing field hook up yet, but I was expecting to see the backboard lights to flash, maybe some sounds from the sound board.

Thanks again guys for your help!

#7 7 years ago

As far as I know all the lights under the playfield and in the backglass are 44s. Although people usually recommend 47s for the backglass since they're a bit cooler. The only special ones are the four flashers in the back. The diodes are pretty standard, I've never actually seen a part number. I think 1n4004 or higher will work? The same is generally recommended for coils. I just keep a large roll of 1n4007 (tougher version of 1n4004) around and it's been the only diode I've ever needed for non-board work.

There's no sounds in attract mode. If it's in attract mode then it'll be flashing the previous score and highscore. It'll probably also flash the game over light on the backglass, and it'll also flash the four flashers every few seconds. All the lights on the playfield should animate.

#8 7 years ago

I'll load up on some 47s and 1n4007 and add this to my notes. the game is starting out in default and has no high scores yet. Player one is flashing 500000 to 000000. I have no lights flashing on the backglass and all bulbs have been replaced with known working bulbs. I have yet to see the 4 large bulbs to light up or flash. The flashing lights have been bugging me and I'm looking for a way to find the problem. Are these 4 bulbs also called G.I. lights?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Brewchap:

I'll load up on some 47s and 1n4007 and add this to my notes. the game is starting out in default and has no high scores yet. Player one is flashing 500000 to 000000. I have no lights flashing on the backglass and all bulbs have been replaced with known working bulbs. I have yet to see the 4 large bulbs to light up or flash. The flashing lights have been bugging me and I'm looking for a way to find the problem. Are these 4 bulbs also called G.I. lights?

No, they're driven by one of the coil transistors on the driver board. I'd assume they're just called flashers.

#10 7 years ago

If you look at the full manual the last page p40 it shows the backbox flashers wiring, they are type 89 globes and are driven by a solenoid. (Edit: I should have said 'driven the same way as a solenoid') The instruction booklet says they are driven by solenoid number 15, so you can use the solenoid test function to test them.

#11 7 years ago

I sure did miss that one! Looks like I may have a short in the wiring somehow with the SloBlo 1.5 fuse blowing. Driver board passing Andre rom test.

Thanks guys for the help. I think that I will get the drawings printed out to a much larger size tomorrow so these eyes can see them better.

#12 7 years ago

Check your fuse rating, the standard WMS solenoid fuse F2 is 2.5A slo blow, shown on the power supply schematic.

Also check the resistors shown in the backbox for the flashers - these have often suffered due to heating over the years. I upgrade the 330 Ohm one to a 5W ceramic and replace the 2.2 ohm one if it looks stressed.

#13 7 years ago

I think the fuse might be higher rated because it's got more flippers. Not sure tho

#14 7 years ago

Yup, your both are correct I meant F2 is 2.5 slo blow. I believe that I may have....found my powering problem.
First off, I may have had a bad fuse in F2 already.
Not going to say this is it, but I had to replace the original transformer (15B-6769) due to a mistake on my part. I bought a parts laser ball machine, and put it's transformer (15B-6797) in it's place. I never looked at the part number till now. Checking the voltage against the drawing, the voltage pin out seems to be incorrect.

Anyway, I'm confused, I'm not sure how to check the part numbers to see if they are compatible or not. I'm not sure if i am looking at a forward view of the pin out as if I'm eyeballing the connector or if I'm looking down at it with the wires in first to the connector.

#15 7 years ago

I think there's a diagram of the pin numbering in the manual somewhere... If not there's definitely one in the hot tip pdf on ipdb

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-parts-list-for-laser-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.