Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mikep28
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I've thought about getting one for my King Of Diamonds but would like some opinions first.

Ted

#2 3 years ago

I installed one on my King Of Diamonds a few years ago, I was very impressed by the finished job, the playfield looked new afterwards, you'll have to clear coat the PF afterwards though.

#3 3 years ago

If it's one from Herb Silvers of fab fan, you should not have to clear coat after. But you should sand down the original art and clear coat before you apply.

#4 3 years ago

I'm interested in a Centaur overlay. What are my options? Please PM me if you have any good suppliers.

#5 3 years ago

In this day and age when all these playfields are being remade, why mess with overlays? It's not 2001 anymore.

#6 3 years ago

Is there a King of Diamonds playfield remake?

#7 3 years ago

I guess that because there's no alternative if you have a trashed "KOD" playfield, an overlay is better than nothing. But, my biggest gripe with that overlay is that the colors are very washed out looking, particularly the coral color. If you remove a playfield post from an original "KOD" playfield and look at what's underneath, you'll see what that color is supposed to look like. Much darker and much more saturated than what's on that overlay.

#8 3 years ago

As far as I know, no one has repro' the "KOD" playfield. It would be a good one to do, eh Wade?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In this day and age when all these playfields are being remade, why mess with overlays? It's not 2001 anymore.

You think they are going to get to every game?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Have you checked the price of Centaur playfields lately? Yeah, no thanks.

#11 3 years ago

Yeah remember selling a working decent looking centaur and cpr playfield for $1500 once. Biggest mistake of my life. hell with the playfield id like to just have a working players centaur beat to wood. Be fine with me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 6.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 10.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside