• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Camera_Pictures_002.jpg
Camera_Pictures_006.jpg
GS-JL-PF-PROTECTORL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChadTower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago

I don't think that overlay is what S37VEN thinks it is. What he just said makes no sense at all.

EDIT: He posted while I was typing.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

so they turn a dodgy playfield into a bright and colourful one?

No, they give it a nice shiny finish. They do not repair color, damage, or anything else. If your playfield has flaws this isn't going to fix them.

#24 10 years ago

Is anyone else a little bit concerned about the potential for condensation buildup under such a large sheet of plastic? That playfield is constantly heating up and cooling. Whenever you have a solid plastic membrane and heat transfer you get condensation. In this case there would be zero way for the moisture to escape and it may work its way into the ink/wood. Let that sit a while and now your playfield protector is impossible to remove without taking chunks of ink.

Is this a concern?

#26 10 years ago

Yeah, I think it will vary heavily by environment. An F-14 might be a safer than average game, too, because some of the arrow inserts will be raised enough to potentially allow airflow under the protector.

#28 10 years ago

Everything affects ball travel. Even on a single playfield ball travel changes depending on the cleanliness of the playfield. I've never heard anyone say we should let the games stay dirty so as to avoid the effects of wax on the playfield...

#31 10 years ago

Heh, well at least I don't see anyone saying their protector has bubbles like mylar.

#33 10 years ago

Over time any tiny crevice in any pin is going to accumulate some buildup. Wax, dust, dirt, etc. The only way to avoid that would be as you said to lift the protector. That's not something people are likely to do all that often given that you have to strip so much of the playfield to do it.

The thing that interests me most is seeing how the balls mark these things up, how they get polished out, and if airballs start cracking corners off of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Langhorne, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChadTower.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-overlays-1?tu=ChadTower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.