(Topic ID: 188807)

Playfield overlay without removing all components?

By harryhoudini

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So this is probably a bad idea, but I figured I'd ask around. I've watched videos on the playfield overlay process. I was tossing around in my head if it was possible to do it without removing all of the components on the back of the board. I am going to go with bad idea because even if I was able to tape off the entire back to keep dust away there are still many small holes it will go through. I figure I could blow it all out with compressed air once I am done. The biggest reason I shy away is the braided wire replacement. On the Cyclone I did I replaced all the braided with insulated copper wire but it was a bit tedious. I could go right back with the braided, I suppose.

Any input? Just got the overlay in so now I'm excited.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks Glad I'm not doing something totally stupid! I did the CPR playfield on the Cyclone and all of the pics and tracing and side by side made it ok... but still, pieces have to be cut out and re-wired and that was a bit hairy. Now I know more so not as big of a deal but still, if I can leave it all, even better. I know what works and what doesn't now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-overlay-without-removing-all-components?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.