Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HS4 (resized).jpg
    HS3 (resized).jpg
    HS2 (resized).jpg
    HS1 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

What is the normal to be expected as far as how off an overlay will be in terms of alignment with inserts? I just did an overlay from Classic Arcades and it was pretty good at the bottom but about half way up the playfield it ran out of alignment.

HS1 (resized).jpgHS1 (resized).jpgHS2 (resized).jpgHS2 (resized).jpgHS3 (resized).jpgHS3 (resized).jpgHS4 (resized).jpgHS4 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

That is really bad. I can’t believe the vendor would even sell something that far out of whack. Did you contact them about it?

#3 5 years ago

I have not but anyone who knows Classic Arcades can tell you the guy is very hard to get a hold of. I am not sure what could even be done about it other than a refund, the file he is printing from is what it is I would guess.

#4 5 years ago

That’s terrible. I would take a look at the hardtops. I think outside edge is currently doing a prototype for high speed.

It’s basically a playfield protector with the artwork printed on the bottom side. Go check them out they look great.

You’ll just need to sand off the original artwork.

#5 5 years ago

that looks pretty unacceptable

#6 5 years ago

Yea its like the whole top section needs to come down and to the right a little. I did the best I could with it considering I wanted the inserts that were right in front of you to be as close as possible and they are but there is no room for adjustment to get the top to come in, you can already see a sliver of wood showing under the hold, 4X and 5X. The overlay is just off, no other way around it.

#7 5 years ago

I'm sure they will do their best to give you complete customer satisfaction.

#8 5 years ago

Definite RETURN!

#9 5 years ago

Unacceptable. Return.

Is this overlay adhesive or not?

#10 5 years ago

Its on there. Yea considering the source I am probably screwed. In which case nothing else to do but do a full review and let people know what they are getting ahead of time. Unfortunately I couldn't find any evidence of anyone ever installing one of his overlays. So the first thing that comes to mind is, I this the first one he sold? either that or people have been buying them and just haven't been saying anything. Why hasn't it been corrected? and why would Planetary license this to be sold? It was a nightmare to lay down also. There was so much surface tension that as soon as you removed the backing the thing just wanted to curl in on itself. The color is nice though (even though the lower section is missing dark gray), to bad it just doesn't line up.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

In which case nothing else to do but do a full review and let people know what they are getting ahead of time.

Then you can join the party!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beware-jeff-classic-arcades-the-worse-seller-on-ebay-just-sell-trash

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-the-hell-classic-arcades

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jeff-at-classic-arcades-contacts-no-response

Many more available! Some getting harder to find.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Its on there. Yea considering the source I am probably screwed. In which case nothing else to do but do a full review and let people know what they are getting ahead of time. Unfortunately I couldn't find any evidence of anyone ever installing one of his overlays. So the first thing that comes to mind is, I this the first one he sold? either that or people have been buying them and just haven't been saying anything. Why hasn't it been corrected? and why would Planetary license this to be sold? It was a nightmare to lay down also. There was so much surface tension that as soon as you removed the backing the thing just wanted to curl in on itself. The color is nice though (even though the lower section is missing dark gray), to bad it just doesn't line up.

A friend of mine tried one on his High Speed, and his clearcoat application completely melted the overlay

#13 5 years ago

I went into this knowing the above posts. The guy lives about 25 minutes from me so I figured I could side step the need for a response and go right to the source. This was going under the assumption that he is selling a good product.

#14 5 years ago

It seems like there are three golden rules when it comes to overlays: never deal with Classic Arcades - never deal with Classic Arcades & lastly never deal with Classic Arcades.

Just like International Customers buying pinball machine parts from the US. Those 3 rules are: don't buy from Mad Amusements, don't buy from Mad Amusements and lastly never buy from Mad Amusements.

Sorry you have to find this out the hard way! It really makes you wonder how some of these guys stay in business. I don't know Jeff from Classic Arcades personally but I do know I have never seen what I would call a good review on anything he sells. VERY SAD!

#15 5 years ago

There should be a good list bad list here pinned at the top. At very least the community here should be warned. It can be done in an ethical and professional way. Jeff just seemed like a guy on the run all the time, I didn't know he was selling sub-par products. In my opinion if you are going to sell something be a gentleman about it.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

There should be a good list bad list here pinned at the top. At very least the community here should be warned.

Easy to say, but the nature of pinside is to let vendors and manufacturers run wild and stifle those that say anything against them.

Until it is mutually agreed by a mob that a group of pinsiders have been ripped off, then it is OK to insult them, crucify them and even threaten them with actual physical violence to no end, which of course goes against all pinside's written rules, but that's just the way it is.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-overlay-1?hl=chuckcasey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.