• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by patrickvc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

File Dec 16, 7 14 33 PM (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

That is not a bad looking playfield. But if you remove the Mylar it might be. You never know how much paint will come up with a System-11. Aftermarket Mylar comes up easy, but I will bet that is factory. And you "will" be needing the insert decals afterwards.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

Even when using the freeze method? I pulled the Mylar off my TZ a few years ago and it came right up. The glue was a different story.
Pulling the Mylar up does worry me, but I'm not sure if its the factory Mylar. Unless the factory Mylar really did come in three different pieces.

A while back I bought a Swords of Fury project off of Doug Huse (same generation as EatPM). When picking it up I mentioned I might remove the Mylar, he has told me flat out "don't". He said this was factory and even if it was bubbling I would take a lot of paint with it. And I trust his opinion.

I took aftermarket off of a High Speed and ever though it came up easy it took paint from around any inserts that had shifted in the slightest. I've seen other High Speed Mylar removals that were disasters.

I would not assume System-11 games and Twilight Zone are going to be similar experiences. I'm sure we will hear some stories both ways.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-options-with-eatpm?tu=Taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.