Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wisefwumyogwave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I removed the CPU board to re-locate the battery holder. After putting the CPU board back the playfield lost drive in the sense that no lights or solenoids except the flippers are working.

I can start a game, DMD works, sound works, the switches register and gives a score and the flippers work, but no lights are active, no ball kicks out and the slingshots and pop-bumbers don't fire (but the switches register and give a score).

My simple minded guess is that there's something wrong with the ribbon (data) cable connecting the CPU board and the driver board but I don't really have a clue what's wrong.

Does any of you know what might be wrong and where to start looking? Appreciate the help.

#2 2 years ago

Try swapping the ribbon cable ends where both red wires are now pin 26(i think) instead of pin 1. Between driver and cpu. And reseat the others plugged in to cpu to start.

#3 2 years ago

I did something similar today and it was due to my replacing the ribbon cable one column off...... need to be careful when putting these back.

#4 2 years ago

Thanks wisefwumyogwave and lukex. I will try to reseat the ribbon cable.

#5 2 years ago

I re-seated the ribbon cable and now the game wont even boot up. No error codes or anything.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

#6 2 years ago

Might have some cracked header on the ribbon, if all you did was reseat the cable id look there, reflow the ribbon joints for the hell of it on both boards. Or maybe the ribnon idc conne tion is fragged

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside