Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have a 1973 Gottlieb Hot Shot. Everything was working fine (except some minor ajustments to make) when I realized the playfield lights were missing. All of them. The light, not the bulbs When I bought it a week ago I played several games and all was ok. It was when I was ajusting a switch that I realized (can't say when or how it happened) the bulbs were all off. The backglass lights are all working properly and I can still play.

Any tips?

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

What sw. were you adjusting? Did you check the Jones plugs? and do you have a quality schematic scan of the 6v. (lights) side that you can post?

#3 5 years ago

On Big Shot the illumination circuit runs from the transformer to a fuse and through the tilt hold relay. Maybe check the tilt hold relay to see if its locked on...maybe the game is tilted?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Solublegilles:

the playfield lights were missing

Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#5 5 years ago

most probably a fuse . Check those before anything else !

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from phototamer:

most probably a fuse . Check those before anything else !

Or a bad fuse holder. Try moving, spinning fuse and see if lights come on.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

What sw. were you adjusting? Did you check the Jones plugs? and do you have a quality schematic scan of the 6v. (lights) side that you can post?

The 500 points relay if I remember well. No connection whatsoever with the playfield illumination lights.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

On Big Shot the illumination circuit runs from the transformer to a fuse and through the tilt hold relay. Maybe check the tilt hold relay to see if its locked on...maybe the game is tilted?

I would not be able to run a game in that case right? I can still play without any problems. Except that the bonus isn't scoring at the end of each ball. (I guess because the lights are off??)

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Solublegilles:

I would not be able to run a game in that case right?

No, it will still run. Check the snippet HowardR posted above. So, check the fuse, its holder, Tilt Hold sw. (H), as suggested above.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-lights-won-t-light?hl=jsf24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.