(Topic ID: 144591)

Playfield lights keep going off.. HELP!!

By BanditBoy

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BanditBoy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BanditBoy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hi All
Sorted power supply out on my Royal Guard after it was wired the wrong way around.. thx guys.

Problem is I think I've altered something whilst fiddling around? when playing, the playfield lights keep going off and on again?
Would my novice diagnostics be correct to say it could be a dodgy contact on the tilt relay?

Dunno how you guys go on with 20+ to look after, must be a full time occupation.
BB

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Check the switches on the tilt relay, check the fuse/fuse holder, and check the jones plug that plugs the playfield in.
I'll check my schematic tonight and see where the path goes.
What was the issue that was causing the snap targets to score replays? You never really said what that ended up being.

Thing is I don't know for sure??
I had another issue besides the special problem where the D & E rollover lights wouldn't always go out or flickered so I cleaned and adjusted the contacts on the relays as was mentioned in another thread and it started working fine when I turned it on??

All was fine up to me changing the hot and neutral wires around this morning before I went to work, when I tested it the lights go out as tho it's tilted but game still plays fine.
During gameplay they're on and off everytime you hear a relay pull in on the main reset bank.

#8 8 years ago

Thanks' for the info again lads, I sure do owe you a all pint of your favourite beverage..

#10 8 years ago

Bit more info for you pro's.

Starting from cold no lights on playfield but back box lights are on, ball no.5 has slight glow and last ball in play as a slight glow.. Also doesn't show ball in play whilst lights are in faulty mode.
After about 5 mins lights come on an go off then after around 15 mins they stay on and all's ok?

#12 8 years ago

Fuse holder looks good, I would've thought the same but wondering why no.5 on ball play and last ball in play has a slight glow?
Also match feature numbers have stopped lighting but gives a reply if it matches regardless of bulb lit..

#13 8 years ago

Just been playing for an hour on and off and not a flicker?. But I know when I turn it on tomorrow from cold the fault will return until it warms again?

Any thoughts guys?

#16 8 years ago

Thx guys, will check these possibilities out and report back....

1 week later
#17 8 years ago

Found the problem.....
When I pushed harder on the 30v hold relay which was already pulled in the lights came on... Quick clean and contact adjustment and all's well..

Still got the problem with the end of game match for credit tho???
I know that if the end of game corresponding reel number matches the random match number it knocks for a credit, problem is the number isn't lighting up on the backbox??

Any pointers on where to look?

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

None of them?
The numbers are lit by the 0-9 unit in the backbox.

Yeah none, when I first got machine they were?
It's giving a replay tho if there is a match but no lights on the 1-9 after the game ends?
Could it be a contact on the game over relay or tilt relay, or a dodgy connection on the Jones plug?

Do you know which relay actuates the random numbers light?

#21 8 years ago

Thanks' DF, will have a look tomorrow, at work at the moment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BanditBoy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-lights-keep-going-off-help?tu=BanditBoy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.