1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by edednedy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7884 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

This should have been an easy fix so I must be missing something really simple.

I was going to re-seat my playfield inserts on my Gottlieb Rollercoaster to have them level on playfield.

Moved light bulb under playfield to get to insert and the lamp socket broke (base of socket just spins).

It apparently shorted something and there was a brief spark and all playfield lights went out (backbox lights are still on).

First thing I thought was fuse. Checked 10 amp fuse, it was good.

Checked fuse holder, also seems ok.

Got another lamp socket and made sure base was soldered to ground. (See attached)

Transformer?

IMG_7884 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

Ed, check your schematic to see if the playfield GI is powered through a relay. In Soccer, for example, a relay closing brings power to the playfield GI

Check all your fuses. Backbox and playfield GI could be on different fuses.

#3 1 year ago

The events that led to this certainly sounds like a blown fuse. I don't have access to my schematic at the moment but I think the playfield lights might go through the T relay.

Still, your fuse should have blown when you shorted it. Is it just the lights? Do the switches on the playfield operate?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside