Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by njPinWiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njpinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Just picked up an nice, very clean El Dorado City of Gold. Everything seems to function as it should, with one bothersome exception. During play, and only occasionally - the play field lights "flicker" in unison. It might last a few seconds, or up to a minute or so. When a new game is started, the lights behave normally...then a few games later, the flickering occurs again.

I tried to re-seed all the connectors, but that didn't resolve it. I am hesitant to touch any other connectors until I can isolate which ones might be the cause - I don't want to cause other problems in the process.

Anyone familiar with Gottlieb System 8A, and can suggest which specific connectors/boards might be the culprit? Thanks!

2 weeks later
#2 9 years ago

An update: I replaced the LEDs corresponding to the 10 drop target bank at top of playfield and the 5 drop target bank on right side of playfield with #47s. It seems to have solved the "flickering" problem. I didn't replace the LEDs for any of the rollover lanes or the bonus ladder. But for now, everything seems stable.

4 weeks later
#10 8 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions...an update: replaced all the LED playfield lights (except those under the plastics) with #47s and the problem has gone away.

#12 8 years ago

I can't explain technically - over my head for sure, but with the LEDs installed they would flicker regularly. I replaced all of them with #47s and they no longer flicker. The playfield is not as bright as it was w/LEDs but the lighting is more even & the flickering has stopped.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njpinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-lights-flickering-on-el-dorado-city-of-gold?tu=njpinwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.