Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by radium
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I use a craftsman torpedo leveler for my games, but i've noticed that on my TWDLE, with the front legs all the way flat, i have an "uneveness" close to .8 degrees to the right!! I get that there can be slight imperfections in floor, carpet, game, ect...., but this seems like a lot.
Could my playfield be warped or just sitting improperly???

Thoughts and help appreciated

#2 7 years ago

ngg.i also have a .6 uneveness to 2 of my pins also! Floor maybe,mine is in a old patio,turned into a inclosed small area!So,i have to even it out,or the side drains quick!!

#3 7 years ago

Your playfield cannot be warped until you get a small accurate level and obtain different readings from different parts of the play field. Even then it might not be warped, but could be something else going on.

Where I live, .8 degrees is pretty normal when it comes to slab on grade floors like basements.

Quoted from ngg:

Could my playfield be warped

#4 7 years ago

and when you put the level on the floor?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

and when you put the level on the floor?

This, plus spin the machine around 180 degrees and check again. You might also string a plumb bob from the top of the backbox and see what you have.

#6 7 years ago

I must be a horrible person

I crank up the back legs, drop down the front legs & then look at the backbox to see if it appears level.

Thats all I do lol

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I crank up the back legs, drop down the front legs & then look at the backbox to see if it appears level.
Thats all I do lol

i *at least* take a ball from center top of playfield and roll it down - make sure it stays center.

#8 7 years ago

Even if your floor was perfectly level you can't just set the leg levelors to match each other and expect the game to be level. Add up all of the tolerances for each part that affects the playfield height and .8 degrees off is not surprising at all. Just level the game with a bubble and enjoy playing pinball.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

yes, yes you are

There is a pretty good iPhone app (pinguy) that will talk to you and tell you how far off you are front/back, left/right, it will keep repeating it, so you can easily do it while under the machine.

#10 7 years ago

Horrible person, no. Do you games play like shit, yes.

Quoted from PW79:

Thats all I do lol

This app is awesome. However, there is a horrible bug in iOS (iPhones) that provides inaccurate level readings. It is 1 degree off. Last night I leveled 8 games, I still used the pinguy app but my game was level left and right when the app said, and was level front to back when the game was 1 degree too low according to the app.

Amazon has a really great digital level for $25, use both to level your game.

Quoted from rosh:

There is a pretty good iPhone app (pinguy) that will talk to you and tell you how far off you are front/back, left/right, it will keep repeating it, so you can easily do it while under the machine.

#11 7 years ago

My games play awesome

Maybe I'm just some bad M'r F'r & can eyeball shit like a hawk?

Or maybe I'm just an idiot

Both are possible!

#12 7 years ago

Don't bother adjusting the machine, it's easier to adjust your shoes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-level and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.