Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hannibal.jpeg
14btag3.jpg
woz-inserts.jpg
woz-inserts.jpg
Unknown_comic_and_Chuck.png

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

Ohhhh! That crazy semi-circle bumper happens when you drain. Kinda like bonus points!

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

31 + 11 + 25 + 26 + 6 +5 + 8 = 112 inserts.

And presumably there will be some other controlled lighting - couple condom lights above PF, start button and the like. So we're looking at a lamp matrix capable of controlling 2x as many lamps as current pins. Not technically challenging, but nice to see that limitation passed.

I'll bet that all the little ones - which, are all in pretty compact clusters or lines are going to be LEDs on a board, like the rings in LoTR, only hopefully a bit brighter. (21 of the spiral, 26 in clusters around PF, 1 small random arrow, and the 4 on the drops, and the 2 little ones (and maybe 2 arrows below) near left outlanes - for 52-54 LEDs)

Yup, an LED board like the rings in LOTR makes sense. They don't need to be brighter--the LOTR rings are extremely bright. Just lean forward and look straight down on them!

As for depth/rules, Keith Johnson is handling this--that is a guarantee that the game will have excellent, deep rules. I predict WOZ will be like a deeper LOTR (rather than TSPP), with the rules/modes creating multiple paths/"adventures" you can progress along.

Lots of nice shots here, some similar to TZ, and we haven't even seen several toys/mechs yet.

As for the pre-orders, it wasn't such a leap of faith. JJP announced the title before taking deposits early this year; several members of the team were also announced early on (I signed up when Keefer was announced), and all deposits were refundable through mid-late summer. (Even now, Jack might give a full refund as there is a waiting list for the ECLEs. but nobody is dropping out now anyway!) And, with the periodic updates and news releases, the WOZ pre-order hasn't been such a daring, risky move at all.

#53 12 years ago

I just hope this means I will be able to get a nice widebody lockdown bar to fit my TZ for not to much $ (mad amusements does not count)

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

That crazy semi-circle bumper happens when you drain. Kinda like bonus points!

I remember reading that if you make all the lights on the stand-ups you get your ball back, so it'a a kind of nudging related ball save... if I heard correctly that is! I like the idea though, even if they're not going to use it like that!

#55 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I remember reading that if you make all the lights on the stand-ups you get your ball back, so it'a a kind of nudging related ball save... if I heard correctly that is! I like the idea though, even if they're not going to use it like that!

Even better; it is possible to nudge the ball back into the game through the lane on the left.

#56 12 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

it is possible to nudge the ball back into the game through the lane on the left.

Ah, you mean back up the outlane... cool! This is already feeling like a must have game!

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Ah, you mean back up the outlane... cool!

Yes, Jack confirmed this feature...He told he is a big-time nudger so I expect it will not be easy though.

#58 12 years ago

I don't think WOZ is gonna dissapoint. I'm just happy I'am gonna be able to play it when it comes out.

#59 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

11 inserts around the flippers (for outlanes, ballsave, and some unknown ones)

25 obviously pointing at shots (incl the drops)

26 more little round ones in various patterns

6 other random ones - including an arrow pointing to the shooter lane (clever, clever).

5 on the tornado PF

8 on the witch's castle pf

31 + 11 + 25 + 26 + 6 +5 + 8 = 112 inserts.

Thats a whole lot of freak'n LED lighting.

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Thats a whole lot of freak'n LED lighting.

Is it announced that it'll all be LEDs? I'd expect LEDs on those little round ones (normal brightness leds, not cointaker style), with incandescents for the larger inserts to keep the costs down.

#61 12 years ago

Costs, and current through the GI circuit, not to mention blazing heat which would ruin the inserts over time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-inserts-for-woz-released-today-at-the-southern-pinball-festival/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.