(Topic ID: 326226)

Playfield incline built-in bubble level started when?

By AlexRogan84

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Grizlyrig
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ee2523ff5b6da8ee013be62183fe12a04d3505c2.jpg
    #1 1 year ago

The bubble level mounted next to the shooter lane on some games, was there a certain game they started including those on? Was it consistent where all games of a certain title and onwards got the level? Or was it like the way Diamond Plate playfields came to be, first with some titles getting a handful done like that, and then eventually they all got them after a certain point?

I have Williams Bally games from 1987 to 1995. None of my early games have that bubble level (Diner, Funhouse, etc.) but the Getaway does. And so does Theatre of Magic but World Cup Soccer does not. Thought maybe I might be missing one on a game that was supposed to have it, so figured I would ask here.

#2 1 year ago

I believe WMS started adding them into all of their machines in 1992.

#3 1 year ago

Didn't some machines have a level under the instruction card?

#4 1 year ago

Data East would hide them under the instruction card.
    -Mike

ee2523ff5b6da8ee013be62183fe12a04d3505c2.jpgee2523ff5b6da8ee013be62183fe12a04d3505c2.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-incline-built-in-bubble-level-started-when and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.